Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCAS and CAO

• 13-08-2012 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

So, I was wondering. Do the majority of schools across the country apply to both CAO and UCAS? or did my school only offer us help with both because I'm from Donegal, a border county?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

My school didn't really mention it and only focused on the cao.
    But if you wanted help you could go to the career guidance and they'd help with the ucas.
    I don't know how many applied through ucas I'd say a few did but not many.
    I applied for both because I actually prefer the ucas courses and I'd like to have a more choices or have a backup for whatever happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

I went to a school in dublin and we were encouraged to apply to ucas if we wanted to go to england and we had a speaker in to talk about ucas , i'd say most schools are told about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

my school helped us with ucas anyway, and I'm in cork. Most schools probably do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

We were never really told about it, but I presume they would have helped if anyone had an interest in applying. Then again, I doubt many did as only one person in my entire year is going to college outside of Dublin :P

Advertisement