Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

morning after pill and af late

Options
  • 13-08-2012 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi all,sorry if this is the wrong board it seemed like the best one to post this. I had unprotected sex last week was on day 26 at the time so thought would be fine as I'm usually very regular 28 day cycle, got the morning after pill about 66 hours later as was getting nervous because af didn't arrive and knew couldn't have happened any other time of month, on day 31 now and still no af, once before I went to 32 days but usually 26-28 days. Now I know the morning aftr pill can delay af but it says on leaflet go to doc if more than 5 das late ,has anyone any experience of this. Just my luck when husband booked in for vasectomy next weeksad_smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

AF could just be delayed because you're so stressed. It's happened to me a few times.

Get a home pregnancy test, one of the ones suitable for very early use if you can. The GP tests are less sensitive so might not provide the same reassurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭kilco

Thanks, I did one already to make sure before I took the pill that I wasn't already so I think I probably need to wait about another week to do another one ,from what I've read it takes about 14 days to show but I would say getting so strssed about it probably isn't helping

Advertisement