Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Ethernet Cable

Options
  • 13-08-2012 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Recently, my Xbox 360 Slim has had problems connecting to Xbox Live
    When I go to test the network, a red X comes over the gap between the Xbox and the Network
    There was a thunderstorm before this started but there was no lightning near us
    Does anyone have any ideas with regards what the problem is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Could be a load of things. Best first step is the simple test of turn everything off (this includes your router/network equipment), plug everything out and give it a few minutes. Then hook it all back and see where we're at.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AntoinC95

I completely forgot to mention my set-up.
    I've got the Xbox hooked up to the modem on my laptop with ICS and an Ethernet cable.
    Have tried several times, even with another laptop, but to no avail.
    I suspect that the Ethernet port is fried but wouldn't want to send it off to Microsoft for nothing.
    Anyone out there able to help?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

ICS is a pig to get working right, I would doubt its the Ethernet port, probably a configuration issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Are you using a cross over cable or regular cat5 cable that come with most routers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

justryan wrote: »
    Are you using a cross over cable or regular cat5 cable that come with most routers?
    The Xbox should work with both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 AntoinC95

Meesared wrote: »
    ICS is a pig to get working right, I would doubt its the Ethernet port, probably a configuration issue

Any ideas on what I need to do?

Advertisement