Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7510 Upgrade

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

yes, you have to be sure that its compatible otherwise you might brick it.

i don't think there is any difference from US version and UK version for 7510 model as its the Wifi model, nothing special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

The official OTA update has already hit some US tablets, so you may get it shortly anyway. I'm in the same boat, and I'm checking for system updates each day :)

http://androidcommunity.com/galaxy-tab-10-1-wifi-finally-getting-ice-cream-sandwich-in-the-us-20120813/

I haven't been able to get Kies to work with my tablet, so that route is probably not available to me, though I'll try again now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I have a US version but flashed the UK Honeycomb rom (via Odin) to get the ICS update.

No problems to report. ICS on the tablet is pretty good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

I managed to get Kies working with the USB connection, though it required a factory reset of my tablet to make it work. Looks like this is a common problem with the upgrade to Honeycomb 3.2. I have most stuff in the cloud, so no big deal really.

With Kies working and updated to the latest version on my PC it saw the firmware update was available and applied it without any problems :-) I'm now on ICS 4.0.4, and it definitely feels smoother. The SwiftKey 3 keyboard I use is really responsive - I'm pretty much touch typing this using it :-) On Honeycomb that would have been not really possible I think - just a bit too much lag, but now very smooth. Also placing the text editing position seems better too, e.g. if I need to edit something I've already typed.

Also I now have Chrome installed - I just love the way it syncs my bookmarks etc. The spookiest integration I've seen with that is searching for a hotel on my PC and then getting a card on Google Now on my Galaxy Nexus with directions and travel time to that hotel automatically!

Advertisement