Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPU Upgrade

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

What games - What Res - How many monitors? Will you over clock?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Nirnias

2 monitors, Mostly just Eve online, though i have been known to play some FPS' but not alot. But when i do i prefere the graphics settings maxed out.

Eve is the only game i play that requires more than 1 client running at the same time.

My current rez is 1900 x 1600 as i think thats the most my main monitor supports.

The other monitor is 1600 x 900 (i think)

Should probably get better monitors now that i think about it :P

To be honest anything that needs any grunt would be single monitor - if you do ever go trip monitors (what you need for FPS games think about where the crosshair would be on dual) you can get identical monitors so nvidia's solution for multi monitors would be fine.

For that resolution I'd probably go with nvidia. Either a 670 or a 660ti (if the hype is to be believed)

If you want to stick with AMD - who's only real edge is higher resoltions go with this card and clock the bejesus out of it.

Seems to have gone off Komplett - it was there a few days ago.

Iv never played FPS' with trip monitor set up. When playing FPS i only use the 1 monitor. The second monitor is literally only used when playing Eve online.

That card looks pretty damn nice. But why would i need to overclock the bajoola out of it? Iv never really done any overclocking.

Is this the Komplett one:

http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/product/ati__amd/20152467/asus_radeon_hd7950_dc2_3gd5_3gb_pci_e/details.aspx

Its cheaper on that german site though so if they ship internationally id defo go with them. (assuming my 2 cards get sold on adverts.)

Nope that one is voltage locked - the one I was going to go for myself until I was put right :D

You need Sappire Trixx to overclock - or the driver but Trixx is better.

HWVS ship to Ireland for €18.99

• Advertisement

Ah in that case it works out about the same price i guess..

I have a topic on the eve forums that lots of people are commenting on trying to sort the issue out with my cards. If the issue doesnt get solved or if both my cards get sold on adverts fast ill upgrade to that card you linked. It looks sweet.

I just want to try and understand why its happening cause i know it should be and the other people on eve forums are confused about it also, tho there are similiar topics about the same issue from other users every now and again!

I used to play MMOs and SLI / Xfire setups where never a good idea.

I would wait and see what the 660ti does - it looks like it might kick the ass off the 7950 at lower resolutions.

Advertisement