Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jurisprudence for Kings Inn

• 13-08-2012 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Hello All,

I have recently completed an LLM and am considering applying for the Kings Inn entrance exams in 2013. I did my undergrad at UCD and choose evidence over jurisprudence at the time as I didn't think I would want to go down this route. I was wondering how does one go about acquiring the necessary jurisprudence qualification at this point? I would love to hear from anyone who has been in this position previously also.

Thanks in Advance:-)

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Call KI, apply, pay, sit their own exam. It used to be the way anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I assume you can just sit the module - PT at somewhere like GCD.

Langwarner is a great lecturer! You're not examined on it at the KI so I assume once you pass the undergrad exam all is grand.

That said I haven't a clue really so I'm open to correction.

(Disclaimer: I am a GCD student)

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

You're examined in it at the KI in the Dip course. Subsequent poster refers to the entrance exam. There are required subjects to sit entrance exam, one such is Jurisprudence from an approved institution. Let's be careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Tom Young wrote: »
    You're examined in it at the KI in the Dip course. Subsequent poster refers to the entrance exam. There are required subjects to sit entrance exam, one such is Jurisprudence from an approved institution. Let's be careful.

Fair enough I wasn't clear but the poster didn't refer to the Dip course. I should have qualified my remark to ask if the LLM was accredited for the BL entrance exam though.

GCD is approved but could you just sit a module if you missed it at another institution? That question is directed at it being acceptable for the KI rather than GCD - I'm sure they'd be delighted to take the money!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭page1

OP I'm sitting the entrance exams next week. I had not sat jurisprudence or admin law at undergrad so I sat both exams with the Inns last May. You can apply online it's €800 for jurisprudence. Classes start in Oct they were on every Tues 7-8pm with a tutorial every second Sat morning ( obviously the timetable may not be the same next year).
    Langwallner is a great lecturer, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement