Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice please!!

Options
  • 13-08-2012 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

I have just had spine surgery and can do nothing bar lie on couch most of the day. My partner is off work looking after me and our 1 year old son. But my son just cries and clings to his daddy all day. He only seems happy when taken out of the house. I know it must be strange for him but he is wearing us both out with constant crying and clinginess. He is teething too but was never this bad when I was looking after him. Anyone any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

It could just be the chamge in routine, my daughyer wa slike this woth my partner as i talk to her all day telling what we'll be doing next, to the point where now she tells me whats next! Could your partner try keeping the 1 yr old informed. maybe he's been warned now to be rough, that he could hurt mammy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    It could just be the chamge in routine, my daughyer wa slike this woth my partner as i talk to her all day telling what we'll be doing next, to the point where now she tells me whats next! Could your partner try keeping the 1 yr old informed. maybe he's been warned now to be rough, that he could hurt mammy.

He is not telling him to stay away from me , I just think because everything is bit different and wondering why mammy just lays on couch all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

My 2 year old daughter was like that earlier this year. My husband broke his back 4 weeks before I had baby no. 2.

Whereas beforehand he was always playing with her, taking her out into the garden, he couldn't do any of that.
    As I was heavily pregnant I wasn't much use at it either.

There was a very tough few weeks where she was constantly upset & out of sorts, but she did eventually adapt & things went back to normal.

I can't really help much but just wanted to let you know it does get easier. It knocks them out of their routine when things change like this & they probably getting a bit frightened or insecure at the change, hence the clinginess.

I hope you recover well from the op & in the mean time your little one's form improves.

Advertisement