Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XXL Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl

Options
  • 13-08-2012 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi
    I am looking for rly big stainless steel bowl it's not for cooking just for my DIY project. The US market is full of them but unfortunately I failed to find one in ROI. Can anyone know wrere I can buy one ? Has to be 22" in diameter or larger stainless steel and not too expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

>22" is a big bowl. Maybe check online for catering equipment suppliers in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 behemot28

checked:( or I just have poor Google search skills

Maybe try asking catering suppliers for suggestions as to where you could get one. They'd know best.

Alternatively, there are these on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Why does it need to be so big? that is a massive size, like a dustbin. The biggest on nisbets is 44cm diameter, 22" is 55.9cm too big for many hobs

http://www.nisbets.ie/Stock-Pot/S355/ProductDetail.raction

If this is a homebrew project many people use old beer kegs.

EDIT: sorry I was thinking of pots rather than bowls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

I'd try gardening centres/DIY stores, you'd probably get an american style trash can, might be made from aluminium though.

• Advertisement

Like I sad easy to find them in USA but the cost will rise as I need more then one ( shipping duty tax etc...)

Its a DIY project the shape and size fo mixing bowl is essential for this project. On the last forum I posted this message the advice me to go for buckets, portable swimming pools and chamber pot:D

[off-topic]
    You'd want some ass to be using a chamber pot that size. :o
    [/off-topic]

hahaha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

behemot28 wrote: »
    I posted this message the advice me to go for buckets, portable swimming pools and chamber pot:D
    Well if the only info you are going to give is "a project" people will suggest all sorts. Mixing bowls come in different shapes so if somebody finds one it might not suit you.

My next oddball suggestion would be a satellite dish.

• Advertisement

The upshot is that you are looking for something bowl-shaped that is 22 inches in diameter (or bigger)...

Maybe look into geting a big steel wok & remove the handle(s). It will be shallower than a mixing bowl, but may suffice.

Also, as this isn't really a Food & Drink topic maybe consider if you'd like this thread moved to one of the DIY fora. The posters over there may be able to help you better.

If you want the thread moved - drop me a PM.

tHB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

rubadub wrote: »
    behemot28 wrote: »
    I posted this message the advice me to go for buckets, portable swimming pools and chamber pot:D
    Well if the only info you are going to give is "a project" people will suggest all sorts. Mixing bowls come in different shapes so if somebody finds one it might not suit you.

My next oddball suggestion would be a satellite dish.
    Or a trinidadian steel pan, may be pricey though

Advertisement