Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drop down lists.

Options
  • 13-08-2012 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

I have a drop down list with a set of names on it, i need this list to go to a page when you click on the go button so how do i do this? do i make each list item a link or what do i do?

thanks

Figured this out, !

<form>
    <select>
    <option value="pageurl">Text content</option>
    </select>
    then your button to make it go. :D
    </form>
    just for anyone wondering :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Whoops! I misunderstood the question.

w3schools is always a good point of reference

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_option.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

w3schools is always a good point of reference
    It's off-topic but this might make you re-think that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Malice wrote: »

The same can be said of just about every HTML learning resource. I've yet to come across any course or resource which is perfect. Also from previously being involved in various W3C working groups, nothing is perfect even within the standards or more accurately recommendations, which are chock full of nuances and generally never fully get beyond work-in-progress to a proper finalised state, for want of of a better description. So imperfection and bad practice in HTML is rife no matter what resource is used.

With that in mind, w3schools is still a good resource, but imperfect like the rest.

Yes, I've heard as much before. I've yet to be convinced of the validity of the argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Yes, I've heard as much before. I've yet to be convinced of the validity of the argument.
    How come? I am of course assuming you read through the site I posted.

• Advertisement

How come? I am of course assuming you read through the site I posted.

Yes, I read through it. And I'm not convinced because I don't think they made a solid case. I personally couldn't care less if people confuse them with W3C or if they are offering largely unrecognised accreditation. The most damning section I could see was that which listed the mistakes found on W3schools, some of which have since been corrected. I'm fine with standards and pointing out when they are broken but I also recognise that, despite the errors, W3schools remains a good point of reference for many people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

That was actually a good read but I would have preferred that they use their time and expertise to bring out a website that competes with W3Schools rather than using their time and expertise to slate another website who tries to provide a helpful service.

Advertisement