Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Types of Owls Legal in Ireland?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

seeing her flying about using the air currents to glide 40-50 feet over my head or into the sun wings fully stretched is sometimes more enjoyable to see them doing what they naturally do.

For you yeah. I gave my opinion on keeping birds as pets.

I think it's weird that some of us like to take something synonymous with freedom and keep it in a cage for 'entertainment'.

Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I'd like to see a Harris Hawk(Bay winged hawk) in the wild, seeing one in captivity is like seeing a shadow of the real thing.

That show North America that was on recently showed them in the wild hunting.
    In the wild they are the most successful hunters of birds of prey. Though they have the advantage of being able to hunt in a pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭adrian5765

Is it possible to buy an owl and raise at your home wouldn't this be good for a young bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I think that raising and owning an owl is something that would be best left to people who have plenty of experience with birds of prey. Apparently there was a trend for getting one after Harry Potter, but they're not good pets; being noisy, smelly, and requiring a sizeable aviary and correct diet.

Advertisement