Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

timer switch for interior lights

• 13-08-2012 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

has anyone ever fitted a timer switch for interior lights,
    i wanna jump in the back of my van turn on the lights and have them turn off after 20 mins or so automatically .
    any ideas thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

The lights are 12v dc I presume.I bought a 12v dc timer on ebay recently (6.50e)I use it for the cool box so it wont empty the batteries during the night.Using it for the lights would work too but you would have to wire it into the circuit and find a nice place for it etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭meercat

try one of these
    only 10 mins though
    leave existing switch where it is and take a wire from each side of it to your new switch(hidden in a press or somewhere suitable)
    then you have the option to use either switch
    available from your nearest electrical wholesaler

http://www.sparksdirect.co.uk/columbus-pneumatic-timertime-lag-switch-time-delay-switch-p-4622.html

• Registered Users Posts: 27 godarraghgo

perfect thanks a million,light switches wont be done too soon ,
    went for doe today rear cross member totaly rotten:(
    needs 2 ball joints and exhaust too damm:mad:

Advertisement