Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw #1003 - 13/08/12 - 1am Start *3 Hours* Spoilers

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,021 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What the midcard/undercard needs is the return of the hardcore title. Would anyone have cared about Crash Holly if he didn't have the title?

As for the ending of the show supposedly being spontaneous, it means Smackdown is the worst planned show of all. It's almost like we're going to have a show tonight but no idea what to put on it. We'll have someone come out at the beginning to talk for 15 mins and we expect he can keep going that long since it's not like someone will come out to have a standoff with him. And if that random interruption hadn't happened, there would have been no tag match as the main event

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Now maybe I just imagined this but did they just kind of announce, in passing, that Miz would be defending the Intercontinental Championship against Rey Mysterio at Summerslam? Just as he was in the middle of a match?

Jeez. First off, why? That is a match with no build up whatsoever. I don't think anyone wants to see it. Long gone are the days when the IC Belt meant something at Summerslam. It main evented in 1992! HHH vs Rock had semi main event in a stable-based Ladder match in 98. Maybe I'm just getting old!

But that's two absolute filler matches now for supposedly a main PPV. Bryan vs Kane is just crud and now ReyRey vs Mizzzzzzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

WWE's booking has been attrocious this year, wasnt there one ppv where they had only 1 or 2 matches officially booked with only the go homes left.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

That is an aspect of WWE that frustrates me. Go a step further; at the start of the show, the tag match wasn't even planned, since AJ booked that 20 minutes into the show.

There was the Raw once where Cena and HBK went over an hour in the ring, and it was a great match. But what was even better was that WWE had advertised other things (a match between Orton and Edge iirc) and had to cancel them. That made the fact the match was so long feel less scripted, as if it was genuinely two guys who wouldn't stop fighting.

It's convenient that everything fits in neatly to the allowed time. And I know we have to suspend our disbelief for that. But things like mentioned above really frustrate me sometimes...

It doesn't annoy me because its part of the fabric of the WWE and it's been that way forever. Sure without backstage confrontations, A.J. had barely any other matches planned the last couple of RAWs. Occasionally she would have a fight with someone and tell them she is putting them in a match next - what had she planned otherwise?

All Smackdown main events are decided by the initial confrontation.

I agree it would seem more spontaneous if they said they planned something and had to cancel it - even it was just two lines by the commentator (announcing it and then to cancel it).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Then we'd have total marks, like ourselves, criticising the company over what matches got "cancelled."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Not at all. It's an aspect of kayfabe only longtime fans would think of. Marks is a derogatory term for ignorant casual fans, please don't use it when describing us.

It's an extremely stale format of WWE, and from a storyline point of view it's incredibly stupid of the GM to not have a main event planned and booking impromptu matches. What's supposed to be spontaneous is boring and expected when done every week for what seems like a decade. It's likely a device to give the GM something to do and is very contrived. The basic format run-down of RAW hasn't changed in a decade. Even with different characters there's no way it won't seem stale after a while.

I think in general GMs have run their course, WWE did get on fine for over 20 years without one! I hope we go back to having predetermined set matches by Officials who only come out with it's absolutely necessary. Now that would be refreshing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Or you could just have GM's just announce matches for the next week solving a number of problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I hope we go back to having predetermined set matches by Officials who only come out with it's absolutely necessary. Now that would be refreshing!

He set the standard, and because he was rarely seen, it was always such a big deal when he came down the aisle.

eGt2Znc3MTI=_o_wwf-superstars-intro-jack-tunney-announces-wrestlemania-.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

very poor raw for before summerslam only lesnar v hhh match was built up somewhat more and hbk's addition is putting me off that match now

why was miz involved in ziggler and jericho's feud?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

very poor raw for before summerslam only lesnar v hhh match was built up somewhat more and hbk's addition is putting me off that match now

why was miz involved in ziggler and jericho's feud?

Because he was the other choice on the RawActive-OMG-Its-Twitter-lets-all jizz-ourselves poll to be a guest on Piper's Pit. This Twitter/Trending/Did You Know sh*t is getting unbearable. Ditto for Tout. Why can't we just watch the show without our laptops/smart phones at the ready?

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Not at all. It's an aspect of kayfabe only longtime fans would think of. Marks is a derogatory term for ignorant casual fans, please don't use it when describing us.

Stop marking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It doesn't annoy me because its part of the fabric of the WWE and it's been that way forever. Sure without backstage confrontations, A.J. had barely any other matches planned the last couple of RAWs. Occasionally she would have a fight with someone and tell them she is putting them in a match next - what had she planned otherwise?

All Smackdown main events are decided by the initial confrontation.

I agree it would seem more spontaneous if they said they planned something and had to cancel it - even it was just two lines by the commentator (announcing it and then to cancel it).

It seems to happen a lot lately, but again I'm going to say TNA show how it should be done if you're using a GM. Normally five or six matches on Impact but they usually (not always, but its rare they don't) announce at least three of them on the website the day after the last show. That gives the impression that they know whats happening but have left time free in case something else comes up. The WWE shows look like its being made up on the spot and are relying on something happening to give them matches. Considering some of the stories we hear, that isnt impossible to believe.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Also, how ****ing pointless are the Twitter votes? It's not bad enough we get to choose between three identical match types, now we choose who gets to be in a segment only to have ALL THREE BE IN IT ANYWAY!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Have Brock and Rock drinking from the same fountain of youth? maybe I am seeing things but he looks so much better than he did in April. Healthier looking.

Maybe Punk should ask for tips!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Just seeing the end of RAW now, the ending was really good in my opinion.

Really makes Brock a serious bad guy, the way Heyman was shouting stop or he will break his arm, HHH stayed back and then Brock did it anyway. Nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Also, how ****ing pointless are the Twitter votes? It's not bad enough we get to choose between three identical match types, now we choose who gets to be in a segment only to have ALL THREE BE IN IT ANYWAY!

Would be nice if they gave us something to care about. Like which up-and-coming NXT star deserves a spot on RAW? At least then people who think their favourites wrestlers don't get a chance can voice their opinion and have it count; so that people actually care. Or who you should get a US title shot? Things that actually matter!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Its like Raw in 5 minutes, but with pictures:

ySZsG.jpg
    wfCDT.jpg

:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone think this should be AJ's theme song?

Good tune, man. Where's she from, Scandinavia?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Good tune, man. Where's she from, Scandinavia?

Gonna guess America? Carly Rae is a very american name (although it kinda reminds me of Ted when listing off all the trashy american girl names)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

She's Canadian iirc. Was on Canadian Idol a few years back, faded into obscurity for a while, the Bieber said Call Me Maybe was one of his favorite songs and her career launched....

Advertisement