Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Query on Sky Sports on UPC

• 13-08-2012 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct section or not. I'm thinking of getting Sky Sports through UPC. Is it possible to cancel the contract after 6 or 9 months? Does anyone know what is the cancellation fee if you do cancel? Just want it for the soccer / until next May/June.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kitsy13

Sorry to say its a twelve month contract, if you downgrade at the end of the season it will be a 25 euro downgrade fee then an activation fee applies to switch it back on for the new season..hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Murky Waters

This isn't correct.

You can add the SkySports package to your existing package & cancel at any time (after one month). If you do this you will be subject to a €10 downgrade fee.

The above of course applies only if you haven't availed of any special offers being run e.g. sign up for 12 months & get the first 4 months free, or havn't been given any other deal that involves you entering a 12 month contract for the SkySports package.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Stevie_D_D

Hi all, is this information correct? I'd like to add Sky Sports and Movies to an existing package but I'd like to be able to cancel it in a few months if I needed to. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭blindsider

Why not ring 1908 and ask? If necessary, ask them to write/email the terms to you? No risks involved then.

BTW- haggle like hell - I'd be looking for 3 months half price on sky ?sports - do you have Sky Movies? If you have, haggle - then haggle harder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

You cancel anytime. Just costs 10e downgrade fee. I removed the sports and movies few months back. No contract or penalties.

• Advertisement
Advertisement