Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC down in Loughlinstown all day

• 13-08-2012 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭

Ever since the 120mb upgrade a short while ago I've noticed the connection dropping intemrittantly pretty much every day, usually for short times. Today its been down pretty much all day:(
    I work from home and this really is affecting me as the connection cannot be relied on any more.
    Anyone know what's happening?, and if there is any likelihood of it being resolved properly any time soon. If this continues will be going back to Eircom, slower or not, at least I never had such reliability issues when using them previously.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Supercell wrote: »
    I work from home and this really is affecting me as the connection cannot be relied on any more.
    Anyone know what's happening?, and if there is any likelihood of it being resolved properly any time soon. If this continues will be going back to Eircom, slower or not, at least I never had such reliability issues when using them previously.
    I agree. I'm probably considered mad as I'm still with Eircom despite my area recently being upgraded by UPC to receive BB and phone.

I remember when I was with UPC for TV, the line would often be completely dead (no digital TV, no analogue either) during the day for hours on end, and this would happen almost every week, sometimes several times per week.

My Eircom connection, though is a rock solid 7Mbit/s, which to be honest for what I use is plenty fast enough, and as I also rely on it for work as does my wife, that's the overriding concern for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Up again now and noticeably more snappy, hopefully that's the last moan I have to make about it!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Down again last hour, not a happy bunny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Down again last hour, not a happy bunny.

it could be a local (to you) fault, the only way to find out is to go through the CS disaster area...

No its not, when i ring the helpline there is a pre-recorded message from 14:10 today (its been down long before then) that they are aware of a fault in the Loughlinstown area.
    What bothering me is that its been up for around an hour twice today before going down again, which sounds to me like they are not fixing the problem at all or haven't a clue what the root issue is.
    Other people have told me that when UPC goes bad that its a nightmare to get it sorted out :( I'm getting to old to fight those battles. My wallet will do the talking soon enough if this continues.
    Currently using a Meteor dongle.
    Smart seem to be available here to so will go with them if this isn't sorted out within the next few days as this is unacceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Send a complaint letter or email state all problems and dates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

No its not, when i ring the helpline there is a pre-recorded message from 14:10 today (its been down long before then) that they are aware of a fault in the Loughlinstown area.

Area faults are hell, connection coming and going all day very annoying.
    I had an area fault once where the coax under the road had been damaged. Took them a while to find it and fix it.
    However they will eventually fix it...

Smart aren't any better really, I've had problems with them around here too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Yesterday morning my IP changed to 46.7.xx.x and suddenly I have major problems connecting to websites or services.

A couple of minutes later the website or service than works fine for a limited period and than again no connection.

I already changed DNS to opendns but you guessed it sometimes I won't find opendns either.

This is not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Wishox

same here folks, Intermittant connection (BB, Phone, TV) since yesterday, hope its resolved soon :-(

Working since mid morning here today, got an email from support to say they consider the issue resolved. Fingers crossed...

• Advertisement
Advertisement