Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grilling In An Oven

Options
  • 13-08-2012 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Probably a stupid question...

Does the oven temperature control work for the grill function, or does the grill remain at a fixed heat? Also, do I leave the door closed or open?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It may depend on the model of oven. On my one the grill temperature is controlled by the thermostat that I also use for the oven.

I usually leave the door closed unless I am gently grilling something. For example, grilling fish - door slightly ajar; crispy bacon - door closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Cool. The oven is a Whirlpool, but I'm not sure what model. I'm grilling salmon, so I'll try leaving it slightly ajar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Show us a pic of the control panel of your oven and I'll let ya know, :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

I actually figured it out in the end. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭EZ24GET

So? You aren't going to tell us? My oven/grill has separate controls - grill has hi and low and depends on how close you want to set your grill pan?

• Advertisement
Advertisement