Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist in Balbriggan?

Options
  • 13-08-2012 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good dentist in Balbriggan who can deal with extremely nervous patient :( Haven't been in years but need to go. Anyone use the one in Castlemill? Ideally a dentist that will knock me out for any extractions. Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I like you dont like going to the dentist but my teeth hand was forced a while back. Went to the Dentist just beside SuperValu and he kindly informed that a rogue tooth needed to be removed. He injected enough numbing agent to numb a small horse as the nerve was exposed. He had no problems injecting it and really put me at ease.
    Balbriggan Dental Clinic I think its called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ryaner1979

Thanks Bcmf. Any other recommendations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I second that for Balbriggan dental clinic. I have seen two female dentists there. Anne is one of them, she was great and is a natural calmer. I was nervous at first but she put me at ease. I had no issues during or after an extraction . I've been to the one at Castlemill and they're grand but I just felt more comfortable at Balbriggan Dental Clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

+ 1 for Balbriggan dental clinic. I also had Anna. I also went to Anna and she was great. I am not a fan of dentists but was put at ease as soon as I arrived. The whole set up was first class.

I went to the one in Castlemill, Redmond / Molloy about 2 years ao and found them good also. Only reason I didnt go back was I had to wait a week for apointment but the pain was really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

I go to the one in chapel street and find them very good. It's called balbriggan dental not to be confused with balbriggan dental care which is the one beside supervalue...I've no experience of that one other than when I first was looking for a dentist and rang them and found their receptionist to be really rude).

As for knocking you out no dentist will do this now...if you need to be anesthetised you'll have to get referred to the dental hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭AllyMcFearless

If you're willing to venture as far as Swords, there's a dentist called Orla McGeary and she's the most gentle dentist I've ever had, really good service!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sakiboy

Went to Balbriggan Dental Care (01 8417344).Needed to get many fillings . Saw a dentist called Dr Joan Power . Found her to be brilliant and very good at putting me at ease ( am naturally very nervous around dentists).Would have no hesitation in recommending her.

Advertisement