Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teachers on results day

• 13-08-2012 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

does anyone know if teachers are there on results day? i know it's probably different for most schools, but just wondering about each of you?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

HeaneyBabe wrote: »
    does anyone know if teachers are there on results day? i know it's probably different for most schools, but just wondering about each of you?

My English teacher will be, as she's my year head. God she's going to be so disappointed. She was expecting me to get an A1 after an A2 in the Mock. Alas, bad Paper I titles and awkward Hamlet Questions soon squashed that dream!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

My English teacher will be, as she's my year head. God she's going to be so disappointed. She was expecting me to get an A1 after an A2 in the Mock. Alas, bad Paper I titles and awkward Hamlet Questions soon squashed that dream!

your signature
    picard-facepalm.jpg?1240934151

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

your signature
    picard-facepalm.jpg?1240934151
    I know.. I'm getting rid of that before I come on here and tell people what I really got.. :/

Mighn't even get 20 points.. Joke, but yeah, definitely getting rid of that signature! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

Yea it does just depend on the school, i know in mine none of the teachers come, just the principal and vice hand them out.
    That's why i was wondering in a previous thread if they find out about your results? I heard they just get a page with their class results but with exam numbers not the names so they don't actually know anyones result personally but that could be wrong.
    I think i would like a few teachers there to reasure me and if i did well to tell them :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

Being a teacher myself, most teachers go in at some stage during the day to view the results.

Some may be away on holidays and not around, some teachers can live quite a distance from their school so it may not be practical so may just phone in.

Others will just not be available for various reasons.

Keep in mind that when getting your results you may be in the school for a max of 10 minutes, others max 1 minute, teachers may be there in the office, in the staff room etc. Teachers will come and go at different times of the day, some will have been there before you others will be there after you are there all depends on personal circumstances.

Schools are unlikely to have results organised by class and by teacher to have a print out ready for the teacher of just each of their individual classes bearing in mind they may arrive at 9am.
    Schools always keep a record (photocopy) of your results for their own record keeping. I know for JC results these photocopies are available for teachers to view, I cannot remember exactly how we see the LC results, could be the same way not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Most of ours comes in, but they don't stay all day. In fairness, they usually have a flock of kids with them so cannot stay too long. Get in and out is my opinion, let it settle before you go in and ask for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭HeaneyBabe

ah ok thanks :) i would prefer if some weren't there to be honest.. for one particular subject i've got pressure on so if i don't deliver than that's awkward..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Hoping my form/English teacher will be there, and I'm thinking he might be the one giving out our classes results but I've no idea. If my maths teacher goes I'll be ashamed to show him my grade. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Last year a few of my teachers showed up.

Also, if your teacher is there in a subject you want to recheck (hopefully not), the window for rechecking is ridiculously short. So best to get talking to the person you're going to be bringing in with you asap. I think we only had about 48 hours or so to submit recheck forms (another warning: some schools don't include these recheck forms in your results, you might have to get them separately from your principal/year head)

Good luck guys, I know the pressure won't be off until after your offers, but enjoy celebrating the end of the LC 2012 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Ugh the thought of having to go through the whole ordeal of getting stuff re-checked....
    I'd rather teabag a rat trap than go down that line

• Advertisement
Advertisement