Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pitfalls of renting in Dublin

Options
  • 13-08-2012 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭

As an exile, I'm assisting someone who is moving to Dublin in order to continue her higher level education.

We are looking at renting an apartment for 9 months or so.

Can anyone tell me about the pitfalls of renting, generally speaking, if the rent is 1000 per month, (including Sat TV and Internet) What else would a tenant be expected to pay for? I'm thinking in the terms of electricity, power, tv licence, garbage collection, gas, or should these be covered by the landlord?

Thanks

smurfjed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

smurfjed wrote: »
    As an exile, I'm assisting someone who is moving to Dublin in order to continue her higher level education.

Can anyone tell me about the pitfalls of renting, generally speaking, if the rent is 1000 per month, (including Sat TV and Internet) What else would a tenant be expected to pay for? I'm thinking in the terms of electricity, power, tv licence, garbage collection, gas, or should these be covered by the landlord?

Thanks

smurfjed

If you are living in an apartment complex, the bins might be included in the rent, as you pay some sort of 'management fees', which includes the maintenance of public areas and bins.

But any other bills, like gas, electricity, TV, cable TV, internet, etc. have to be paid by the tenants, afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭MariMel

smurfjed wrote: »

Thanks

smurfjed

I would look into this one as most places can say Sat TV and internet but they may be wired up to accept these services and not need installation costs but in most instances it is up to the tenants to get their own accounts and pay the bills. (I am not saying that is the case in all scenarios though)

Advertisement