Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which bmx ???

Options
  • 13-08-2012 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey...

if anybody could help me... i have 500-600 euro to spend on a new BMX for street

Ive been researching and have came up with WTP, Fly, eastern, Sunday with full chromo in mind!

I've been looking at the WTP crysis or even pushing to the trust (beautiful paint job)

I'd appreciate some advise/opinions please

M:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

well for that kind of budget, you will get a serious bike anyway. at the expert to pro range for sure. fully sealed, almost full chromoly on all parts etc. if you want to see some specs on Verde, Sunday have a butchers st the site and please feel free to get in touch

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mckbre

wreckless wrote: »
    well for that kind of budget, you will get a serious bike anyway. at the expert to pro range for sure. fully sealed, almost full chromoly on all parts etc. if you want to see some specs on Verde, Sunday have a butchers st the site and please feel free to get in touch

Using the bike to work scheme so should get some of that money back so shouldn't cost me that much! But yeah will get a good bike for that! Just which one...

Ok i had a look so I'll dog in bone later

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭luapenak

Not eastern anyway. WTP definitely good. No personal experience with the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭petiha

You can't go wrong with WTP, Cult, Stolen and Verde completes. As for Sunday, I feel they are a bit behind of today's trends. Fly is also good, but don't know anything about its completes. :/ I would definitely stay away from Eastern though!

If you're trying to decide between he Crysis and the Trust, you will definitely get a good bike for your money! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

Hey guys didnt want to start a new thread so posted here. Basically I am looking for an entry level bmx for probably 200 max. Really id only use it for commuting a to b and some basic flat stuff. Any help or tips appreciated :)

• Advertisement

Anyone ?

Peter T wrote: »
    Hey guys didnt want to start a new thread so posted here. Basically I am looking for an entry level bmx for probably 200 max. Really id only use it for commuting a to b and some basic flat stuff. Any help or tips appreciated :)
    TBH I wouldn't go near any new BMX under about 400, so second hand is probably your best bet. Perhaps try asking around at your local skatepark.
    I have no idea why you would want a BMX for commuting. Get a racer/hybrid

I was expecting second hand at 200. My commute is only a 5-10 min cycle max so iv no need for a hybrid. The problem is iv no idea what brands I should be looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Try find a few you like the look of and post them up and we'll tell you the best to go for. Avoid anything with huge fat downtubes and large front sprockets. Try twentyinchparts group on facebook too.

• Advertisement

If I were to pick one, it would be the third.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

First or third would be the ones to go for, find out which model of Hoffman that is and look up it's spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DecentBee

Does anyone have any experience with the United RN range? I was looking at this in particular; http://www.theboardroom.ie/shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=512&category_id=17

Any good for a beginner trying to learn flatland and some jumps?

Advertisement