Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation Waterford

Options
  • 13-08-2012 7:20pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to locate accommodation in Waterford for someone, but we are having trouble locating anything that's below €300 monthly and isn't student accommodation. Prefer to deal direct with the landlord also.

Daft and Adverts have nothing suitable. Any other suggestions, anybody know someone looking to rent out soon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

You would have to take shared accommodation for that price, the local papers are the best place for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

You will get one of the pebble beach units for between 350 / 400 per month but you will need long johns in the winter

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1246353

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1224286

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1230154 (Good value, at 400e and bins are included :P)

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1184774

They are all actually grand for the price - I have seen some horrors for that price range!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Cheers OP. Actually the revised figure is 390 but they must take rent allowance. :)

Quiet part of town in a nice house/apartment for a quiet 24 year old professional female originally from the west. :)

Shall look properly on Daft again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

If you read the description on the second flat on that list it says that they accept rent allowance, but its just a one room bedsit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

shockwave wrote: »
    If you read the description on the second flat on that list it says that they accept rent allowance, but its just a one room bedsit.
    Not sure if I read it on Boards or where I read it but apparently a lot of landlords will accept rent allowance if you ask them (even if not advertised). some don't advertise it as they think the person on rent allowance is a bigger risk.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

looder wrote: »
    Not sure if I read it on Boards or where I read it but apparently a lot of landlords will accept rent allowance if you ask them (even if not advertised). some don't advertise it as they think the person on rent allowance is a bigger risk.

Aye I told her to try it. It appears one place which said it was taken during the week just wasn't interested, as they renewed their advert yesterday. Shes as quiet as a fecking mouse, wouldn't harm a soul and just wants to get on with work and live in comfort. No parties, no messing, and a decent clean tenant with bad experience from landlords/sharing.

I can see why rent allowance is a risk though depending on the person

• Registered Users Posts: 1 WickedSick

I am looking for a flat also , and today i found an ideal place in O'Connel street in Waterford . The agent i have meet with told me that there is 2 (double) bedrooms and just for 350 per month , so if you are interested we could share that flat together 175 euros per month and i have UPC internet also . If you agreed pm me :) .Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mickkav

im renting a 4 bedroom bungalow just outside the city for €65 a week! its on the new main road into the city, roughly 4 miles! if anyone is interested let me know as i am looking for somene to share with

Advertisement