Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making Strange??

Options
  • 13-08-2012 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Little boy is 4 months old and when anyone comes near him he screams and cries. Is fine with people he sees all the time but when we have visitors or if I visit someone he loses it. He will occasionally go to someone but only if he can see me or his dad. He is especially bad with his uncle whom he loved!! His uncle cannot even speak in the room without him bawling.

Any ideas of how I can help him overcome this?? Am afraid to leave him with anyone in case he goes mad for them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Very interested in this too. My mother (who had four of us!) was a little surprised the other day that our four month old would let her carry him and play with him without making strange at all.
    She said some children never do it and others wont let anyone bar mum go near them and its different for every baby. Her opinion (maybe old fashioned) was that its was just something you had to cope with on a child by child basis.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Normal development as far as I know. He is starting to know the different between familiar and strangers at 4 months. It will ease off itself in a few weeks. You will probably see it again around 9 or 10 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Supercell wrote: »
    Very interested in this too. My mother (who had four of us!) was a little surprised the other day that our four month old would let her carry him and play with him without making strange at all.
    She said some children never do it and others wont let anyone bar mum go near them and its different for every baby. Her opinion (maybe old fashioned) was that its was just something you had to cope with on a child by child basis.

My 2 year old does this now, she gets little bit shy with new people but really she's sussing (sp) them out. I find if I just tell people to leave her after a few minutes she will come around and talk n play with people. It's hard for her when people come over and start talking to her especially if we in a unfamiliar place or somewhere we hadn't been in couple of weeks hth

Advertisement