Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden Carved Boxes

Options
  • 13-08-2012 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm looking for some shops in Dublin that would sell wooden carved boxes. Anything with a design floral, celtic, trees, etc. It is for someone to store any papers/pictures, a kind of memory box so something bigger than a box for a ring. (If the shop could wood burn a personalised message too it'd be a bonus!). Any ideas?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

A bit different piece of information from me. I am recycling cigar boxes I get/buy from James Fox's tobacco shop opposite Trinity College. They are just good enough to hold small (not heavy) items. The last one was used as box for desktop amplifier.
    They have imprinted logos, but you could sand it down.
    And regarding custom designs, there are few companies who do laser cutting/carving. They would burn any of your designs.
    Not exactly what you've asked for, just what I came across so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭FuzzyFrog

Well I think I can consider the arts and crafts forum pretty dead considering the responses I've had.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I think Th0nda's response was very helpful actually?

From a quick search, I think ebay and amazon could be the best option - they often sell those wood burner tools in Aldi and Lidl, so you could pick up one of those and do the details you wish on the box yourself then?

Places I have seen nice small boxes are the shops on Liffey Street - opposite the Lotts bar - I think it's a Tribal shop of some sort but they have beautiful wooden sculptures etc. and boxes/trinkets. might be worth taking a look. Etsy could also throw up some nice ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Cork_girl wrote: »
    I think Th0nda's response was very helpful actually?

From a quick search, I think ebay and amazon could be the best option - they often sell those wood burner tools in Aldi and Lidl, so you could pick up one of those and do the details you wish on the box yourself then?

Places I have seen nice small boxes are the shops on Liffey Street - opposite the Lotts bar - I think it's a Tribal shop of some sort but they have beautiful wooden sculptures etc. and boxes/trinkets. might be worth taking a look. Etsy could also throw up some nice ideas?
    They've moved across the river to merchants arch. That unit is now a Brazilian and Halal food store.
    Could try Pagoda in the Ilac Centre. Tends to be more of an eastern flavour though.

Advertisement