Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java jobs in sydney

Options
  • 13-08-2012 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hey,

Just wondering about the IT sector in sydney in particular for Java/J2EE, many jobs going, salary expectations etc...

i have 4/5 years experience and would be interested in hearing how easy it is to get a job

Thanks

L

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Hey,

Just wondering about the IT sector in sydney in particular for Java/J2EE, many jobs going, salary expectations etc...

i have 4/5 years experience and would be interested in hearing how easy it is to get a job

Thanks

L
    Lots of jobs, rates $500-700 per day (guess), depends on skill set and what tools you used.
    When ya land send on CV to me, we use IBM web sphere. And usually jobs going

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

As a Recruiter I would suggest the following ...

www.applydirect.com.au
    www.snipey.com.au

Realistically though, you will find something once you are here in Sydney. Speaking with honesty, Recruiters will not entertain your application unless you have arrived in Sydney and have an Australian phone number!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tomerhs

I use snipey too, its really useful, and has lots more jobs than applydirect.

Once you filter out recruiter ads, you are left with a narrowed list of updated jobs from employers only, which allows you to focus on your skill set, rather than just send resume to any job, because you compare the relevant jobs, your application is of higher quality.

allot of people think, 'its paid I want for free' - but really on issues like jobs, where quality is extremely important, you just cant expect it to be free. You could apply to jobs that everyone else is applying (via public/free sites) but if you are willing to pay, you can apply to quality positions that others do not, and have better chances.

I paid a few times, you do get good value of it - snipey.

Advertisement