Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving House - need boxes

Options
  • 13-08-2012 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Any idea where I can get cardboard boxes for free around Mullingar? Am moving house so need the kind that can be sealed or have lids. Local shops keep them for customers so am struggling to find any... and can't afford the cost of buying them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Maybe ask in BuyLo for some. They have TONS of them behind the tills

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭birchtree

I wrote:
    Local off license said that there is a queue of people waiting for large boxes, and all the smaller ones are reserved for someone. And even smaller ones are taken away by customers who do not want to buy plastic bags. That means they have no cardboard waste!

The fruit and veg shop said they will have some apple boxes coming in next week - they are very good, but next week will be too late for me.

Easons said that sometimes they have large boxes, but not many.

Found an ad in donedeal "cardboard boxes from 80c each". Missed the bit that they are 'recycled' and got a bit disappointed at a pile of flattened cardboard. Paid 25 euro for 15 large boxes + 2 rolls of tape, still not sure whether this was good value or not. 3 of the boxes were damaged and it took quite a bit of tape to restore them to usable condition, one box is quite dirty. Of course, I should have checked, but I didn't know what to expect. But on the other hand, I needed boxes today, and I've got them - at a cost.

So, the lesson is to plan ahead in order to obtain boxes for free.

Advertisement