Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sale of goods act

• 13-08-2012 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

i bought a 07 lexus off a local dealer(non lexus) i have it just over a a year and 3 months, while changing the battery i noticed coolant leaking, there is 60,000
    miles on the clock. I went back to the dealer they sent me to toyota who told me the headgasket is gone. I read about it and seems to be a problem with this model of lexus. The warranty was well up and i quoted the sale of goods act. they came and took the lexus and gave me a loaner car. No word yet, im impressed with the garage though, lexus who i talked to said theyd cover the car if all services were done with lexus which of course they were not, my closest dealer is very far away. ALso id have to tow the car to the lexus dealer, saddened over the fact the best built car in the world, had this problem with such small miles. any advice and what i should expect from the garage is welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Cant do legal advice this would be much better suited to the Consumer Issues or Motors Forums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

Cant see how the sale of goods act applies here ! Its hard to argue the car was not of merchantable quality or fit for purpose after one issue 15 months after purchase . Sounds like you have been well looked after already maybe try negioating a good deal on the repair !

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

well i paid 16,000 for a car and then after just over a year I have to spend 2500 to 3000 on the car? so what the car costs me nearly 20,000? I Can buy a new car for this money, no fault of my own this happened, I traded in a 08 car and it was perfect I can still see it driving around. The head gasket blowing was a mechanical fault in my car and so it is not of merchantable quality I think this is a defo a a sales of goods issue

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Just Jack

i bought a 07 lexus off a local dealer(non lexus) i have it just over a a year and 3 months, while changing the battery i noticed coolant leaking, there is 60,000
    miles on the clock. I went back to the dealer they sent me to toyota who told me the headgasket is gone. I read about it and seems to be a problem with this model of lexus. The warranty was well up and i quoted the sale of goods act. they came and took the lexus and gave me a loaner car. No word yet, im impressed with the garage though, lexus who i talked to said theyd cover the car if all services were done with lexus which of course they were not, my closest dealer is very far away. ALso id have to tow the car to the lexus dealer, saddened over the fact the best built car in the world, had this problem with such small miles. any advice and what i should expect from the garage is welcome

The warranty was well up. they gave you a loaner and promised repairs if dealer serviced.I think they are very fair with you. `I do not understand "ALso id have to tow the car to the lexus dealer" Did you not say "they came and took the lexus and gave me a loaner car".

lexus who i talked to said theyd cover the car if all services were done with lexus which of course they were not, my closest dealer is very far away.

I didnt buy car from lexus dealership, they said tow car to them,but probably wont cover the costs as it is outside the lexus network. The dealer I bought the car from took it in, they are non lexus dealer

• Advertisement

and yes im happy with my dealership, but posted this post because to begin with they wouldnt do anything till i stated the sales of good act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

and yes im happy with my dealership, but posted this post because to begin with they wouldnt do anything till i stated the sales of good act.

OP I'm not meaning to sound rude - this is purely from years spent in retail. They probably went 'oh not one of those'. To be fair it progressed your case but I'm not sure it would carry much weight if it went to court.

Disclaimer I'm wrong at least 75% of the time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kosseegan

If you want the reliability of a new car, then buy a new car. You can't buy an old car and expect it to behave like new!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

HG failure is not the end of the world. Your best bet is to find a local indy mechanic (ask people at work and family members for people they have used) and bring it to him. You are gonna get hung out to dry with Lexus/Toyota fior labour charges for doing this job. Id bet that half if not 60% of the price they quote you for the job is infact labour...

Advertisement