Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pizza in Galway

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Seaneh wrote: »
    Ed works in Napli now :D

Ahhh that's why it's thin, cheesey, greasey goodness. Pity about the location. At least when he was in the Square you could pull in and run out very quick to get it

I haven't been to Napoli in about a year. How does the menu line up with Eds old one? They do The Yankee!!??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Wompa, they don't do the same toppings at all, they do pizza's with whatever you want on them to order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Seaneh wrote: »
    Ed works in Napli now :D

I didn't know that, explains a lot. Ah this thread is making me hungry...

rain on wrote: »
    I didn't know that, explains a lot. Ah this thread is making me hungry...

Well, he'd been working there for ages the last time I was in there about 3 months ago.

Hope he's still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ir555

Has to be Pizza Dozzina at the side of The Twelve Hotel in Barna..

One of the few authentic Italian Pizza setups in Galway.

The best "real" pizza by a mile in Galway!

D

• Advertisement

I hear good things about the place in Barna alright but alas, I live out east now, tis miles away.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

ErnieBert wrote: »
    I got 2 slices from the place opposite the Front Door pub last Saturday night. It was the best pizza I had ever tasted.
    That said, I was rat-arsed drunk and would eat battered cardboard with ketchup. Seriously, it was awesome.

Other than that, I adore the Calobrese in Milano. It's expensive but very tasty.

I used to go to Bianco in Westside but they closed down.

Agreed, best pizza I had in Galway. Expensive with E3.50 but sooo good and it's a large slice.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭blackhound

Had a pizza from the twelve earlier this evening and it was easily one of the nicest pizzas I've ever had (granted I was warped with the hunger before I ate), definitely the nicest since Bistro Bianconis closed down.

I have a feeling it might become a more regular treat.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

blackhound wrote: »
    Had a pizza from the twelve earlier this evening and it was easily one of the nicest pizzas I've ever had (granted I was warped with the hunger before I ate), definitely the nicest since Bistro Bianconis closed down.

I'm gonna have to head after work sometime, you're not the first to give it a pretty decent review.

As for the city, Pizza Pasta Napoli near neachtains and buskers gets my vote too, without a doubt the best pizza in Galway City.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

One person has said "the place beside the twelve", others have said "in the twelve"

Which is it? Or do both places do good pizza? I know the Twelve do pizza and IIRC prices weren't too extreme (just don't know how big they were)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

JohnCleary wrote: »

One person has said "the place beside the twelve", others have said "in the twelve"

Which is it? Or do both places do good pizza? I know the Twelve do pizza and IIRC prices weren't too extreme (just don't know how big they were)
    Its both they have a side door for takeaway and serve the restaurant to,

An its goooooood!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Pizza pasta Napoli is great

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

+1 on Pizza Napoli, proper Italian feel to the place as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

rh5555 wrote: »
    Agreed, best pizza I had in Galway. Expensive with E3.50 but sooo good and it's a large slice.

€3.50, expensive for a pizza slice the size of your head? really? it's cheaper than anywhere else.... I couldn't make it past the second slice and this is coming from a person who can eat a full medium pizza easily in dominos and those pizza are doughy....

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

1st place: Pizza and Pasta Napoli

2nd place: Pizza Dozzina (at the Twelve, Barna)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭distraction

Napoli

Just the best there is, make sure you get them to cook you a fresh one, that said the slices are great as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Another vote for Pizza & pasta Napoli here. It's delicious.
    I too have heard great things about the pizza place in Barna but I am yet to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rashers89

Guys try Fat Freddies on quay street... They do the proper Italian pizza very thin crust.

Was brought there last week, and it was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,145 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Rashers89 wrote: »
    Guys try Fat Freddies on quay street... They do the proper Italian pizza very thin crust.

Last time i tried there the pizza was like one of those frozen Dr Oetker ones, complete with mini frozen pepperoni,no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Is there anywhere in town where one can make use of a kitchen? A pizza-making evening might be a passable substitute for a Beers sometime, but folks might be understandably reluctant to let you lot anywhere near their gaff :P

I'll add another +1 to Pizza Napoli. Café Express on Eyre Square is similar thereto. High Café do very nice pizza if you're okay with thin base, but it's not very filling. I've found the "chain" pizzerias to be regrettably inconsistent, but if I had to pick one it would be Mizzoni's. Steak and sweetcorn ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Rashers89 wrote: »

There was a time that it was the only place to go but alas not anymore.

I heard that there was a split between the two owners and that was the start of the demise of Fat Freedies. There used to be queues to get a table but the recession and a decline in the quality of pizza has obviously been effected business. I was there twice in 2011 and it went from bad to still bad.

I won't get caught a third time. It's not even on my 'pizza radar' anymore.

ErnieBert wrote: »
    There was a time that it was the only place to go but alas not anymore.

I heard that there was a split between the two owners and that was the start of the demise of Fat Freedies. There used to be queues to get a table but the recession and a decline in the quality of pizza has obviously been effected business. I was there twice in 2011 and it went from bad to still bad.

I won't get caught a third time. It's not even on my 'pizza radar' anymore.

Yeah, the chef left a while back, they were working in Griffin's for a while there, don't know if they still are though.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

I'm living in Spiddal at the moment and there are 2 italian spots here one of them Peppino's does very average pizza's but the other, Fiordigrano's does unbelievable ones. One of the best i've tasted in Ireland, ever!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Flynn wrote: »
    Fiordigrano's does unbelievable ones. One of the best i've tasted in Ireland, ever!

That's true, i'd forgotten about that little place, his pizza's are fantastic - up there with pizza pasta napoli.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 pmcb

COACH HOUSE, ORANMORE BY FAR

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Gutted to hear that Bistro Bianconi is closed, their pizza was YUM. For me Da Robertas for pizza. Terrible service to eat in but their food (particularly the pizza) is nommers.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 kodaline78

Hi i bought a pizza in the place beside Monroe's on Saturday evening and i can say that it was one of the worst pizza i have ever tasted. It was covered in cheese so much so that you couldn't taste anything else. Also it was wasn't properly cooked through. I got a real surprise because this place has a great reputation for good pizza. Just wondering if anyone has had the same experience or is it just a one off.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This thread is
    a) really old
    b) for recommendations, not antirecommendations
    c) now locked

I suggest you contact the establishment's manager and work it out with them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement