Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving baby onto formula and reducing breast milk production

Options
  • 13-08-2012 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

I'm heading back to work in a couple of weeks and I am in the process of introducing formula to my babies diet! So far she's doing great and has no problem with the bottle or the formula. I've been introducing the formula for a few weeks now but my milk supply is still very high and due to discomfort I've had to express at times when baby is taking a bottle. I'm wondering how I can reduce my supply as I really don't want to have any embarrassing leaking when I head back to work (science teacher)!! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I had to do this recently, now I only breastfed for about 6 weeks but I was producing alot of milk and had to express aswell.

Do you skip the feeds, like one breast, then one bottle. My PHN told me to drop a breastfeed every day and sometimes I'd have to express for a few minutes to take the edge off the discomfort but gradually over 2 weeks it's reduced but I still get a bit of leaking. I just make sure I use the nipple pads. Could you express whilst in work?.....

Advertisement