Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

do i need a new UPC box?

• 13-08-2012 9:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

A humming noise, very faint but can be heard, and the picture is not great, possibly need a new box?
    plus, do they normally send out a new box or send out a technician?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭Keith186

My box hums a bit too. Do you have a recording facility in it, if so its probably that recording live tv.

Non HDMI boxes give a pretty crap picture on LCD/LED flat screens by the way, a new box won't change anything unless you get a better connection.

If you have a decent tv upgrade to HD package for a fiver a month for the better box. It makes SD channels better too in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

ye its the scart connection, was never great but seems worse lately, would love the hd box but live in the city center, cant really expect hd/broadband in cc tbh.
    think its us in cc and the aran islands who are still without a decent package.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭zg3409

They will send out a technician. However the quality on some UPC channels has alway been bad and always will be, especially with people buying 40 inch TVs and watching standard definition channels.

I can't see how the technician visiting is going to solve that.

Advertisement