Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inishowen Aires

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

That's great news,how may Aires do we have in the country now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 motherofdivine

I am new to this so can you explain what exactly "Aires' are, I am guess serviced campervan/motorhome parking places. Is there a list of all the ones in Ireland?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

I am new to this so can you explain what exactly "Aires' are, I am guess serviced campervan/motorhome parking places. Is there a list of all the ones in Ireland?
    Thanks!

Click HERE to see what they are.

Click HERE for some photos

So far there are only four official ones in the RoI they are Greystones, Crossmolina, Buncrana and Askeaton but not all have full services ie. grey and black water dumping facilities, fresh water supplies and electric hook-up's but all offer free parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 motherofdivine

Thanks a million got letting me know, I hope more CountyCouncils well set some up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

Not sure that Greystones is official. More accepted.

• Advertisement

Sorry should have said broughshane and donaghdee in the north both have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

650Ginge wrote: »

http://www.greystonesguide.ie/motor-homes-a-welcome-boost-to-local-tourism/

Still not official no flotblue and the no overnight parkings sign really says so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 firecracker07

Hi

The aire de service in Buncrana, Co.Donegal is great. I would definately recommend it. The site is quiet, clean and is well maintained. Electric, water and wifi is available

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭cipro 55

650Ginge wrote: »

I spoke to the harbour master there in august this year and it is indeed official.

• Advertisement
Advertisement