Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Father doesn't accept gay son

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Fuinseog wrote: »
    efb wrote: »
    Knowledge

there were well known gays here in the eighties. norris was always out of the closet and I am sure he tried to enlighten folks, but we just laughed at him. You had gay authors such as wilde. the main reason he was not studied in school was more because he was a protestant.

Wilde became a Catholic shortly before his death.

The reason attitudes have changed is that most people now know at least one openly gay person. Often that person is a family member who they love. It's easy to dismiss the needs of complete strangers, not so easy when it's someone you care about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

not sure what you mean with the truth about gays. anal sex is hardly a natural act. if some guys have fun doing it thats their little pleasure but to present it as natural and it is very much the elephant in the room.

gayness has been pushed down our throats and folks theses days are afraid to say anything against them. the funny thing is that gays can be equally intolerant but their intolerance is entertained cos only a homophobe would take them up on it.

Is kissing natural?

People learned the truth about gay people and not just the lies about them being sexual deviants that were being peddled by some prominent sectors of society

gayness has been pushed down our throats

I'm finding this difficult to resist the urge to make a typical AH response to this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Benny_Cake wrote: »

The reason attitudes have changed is that most people now know at least one openly gay person. Often that person is a family member who they love. It's easy to dismiss the needs of complete strangers, not so easy when it's someone you care about.

true and some families dance with joy when they find out a family member is gay, while others are devastated.
    i would go as far as to say coming out of the closet is inconsiderate. the gays I have encountered have been largely self centered. perhaps its the anti family lifestyle they pursue. try as they might no babies can be produced through anal sex.heteros have the potion between anal sex and normal sex.
    ultimately its a very lonely lifestyle they choose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Whatever about people being at fault for being narrow-minded: what's with the ghoulish impulse to document all the minutiae of your personal life on the Internet.

Passing it off as an act of altruism/education doesn't always ring true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

try as they might no babies can be produced through anal sex..

Is masterbation natural?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

i know several people who would have been anti gay, even hostile, in the nineties and are now gay friendly. whichever way the wind of change doth blow.

why have attitudes suddenly become so tolerant?

Knowledge

What knowledge would that be?

true and some families dance with joy when they find out a family member is gay, while others are devastated.
    i would go as far as to say coming out of the closet is inconsiderate. the gays I have encountered have been largely self centered. perhaps its the anti family lifestyle they pursue. try as they might no babies can be produced through anal sex.heteros have the potion between anal sex and normal sex.

So gay people should cover up who they are in case a bigot gets offended?

You seem to have something of a fixation with anal sex, but I'm pretty sure most people who engage in anal aren't trying to have babies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

but I'm pretty sure most people who engage in anal aren't trying to have babies!

One would fervently hope so.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

i would go as far as to say coming out of the closet is inconsiderate.
    Ah it'd be far more considerate to be unhappily lying to everyone around you for your whole life? It'd be far better to never be able to bring a partner along to any events - family, friends, business? That's the considerate option is it? Suffering in silence for decades to appease?
    try as they might no babies can be produced through anal sex.
    You mean babies aren't produced by anal sex? WOW! Nobody ever knew that - so that's what it's being done wrong!
    Lifestyle? *Sigh*
    And even ignoring that unfortunate choice of words, what on earth makes you think it's very lonely? I've been happily with my boyfriend for seven years and both our families are very welcoming and happy. Apologies if that's inconsiderate of me for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Coming out of the closet is 'inconsiderate' to whom?

Being true to yourself is very important and for those that love you.

It's far lonelier and unhappier in the closet- believe me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

I think the Cheese Question is by far the most important topic here. i mean he interrupted his dad making a sandwich which was quite rude and then he ignored his dad when he asked him how much cheese he wanted. very rude really. no wonder his dad never brought it up again.

anncoates wrote: »
    Whatever about people being at fault for being narrow-minded: what's with the ghoulish impulse to document all the minutiae of your personal life on the Internet.

Passing it off as an act of altruism/education doesn't always ring true.

Th gay critics are silenced with word such as 'narrow minded' ,'religious nutter','homophobe' etc.

some people are drama queens and want to reach people who feel the same way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

If only all parents were like mine! They were great when I came out!

Mine too!! :D

You seem to have something of a fixation with anal sex, but I'm pretty sure most people who engage in anal aren't trying to have babies!

ah 'bigot' is another word the gay lobby like to throw about.

there are heteros who lead double lives and do not hurt those who love them. somethings are best kept secret.

there are married men who came out of the closet much to the humiliation of their wife.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Don't know about the gay lad in the video but the Thread title and OP is ridiculously over the top and drama-queenish.

AFAIK the father didnt get angry or throw any abuse at him - the poor man was just a bit shell-shocked. I would be devastated to be told by my son that he's gay. Whether people like it or not, for most fathers it IS a big deal. Dreams of being grandparents etc can be wiped out in the blink of an eye, so it is entirely reasonable that they should need time to digest the revelation of their childs gayness and the changes to reality it can bring.

It is entirely UNreasonable to expect parents instant happy-clappy acceptance of such a life-changing revelation. That constitutes intolerance in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Will people stop comparing racism with homophobia? If a black man and a white woman (or vice versa) marry, then it's still a man and a woman.

Marriage is for a man and a woman, not just "2 people who love each other".

It really is not the same so I don't know why this is being used.

I wish people also would realize that a lot of "gay" people are just a bit messed up in the head and hanging around with weirdos. This isn't a homophobic comment, I'm just stating a mere fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    Will people stop comparing racism with homophobia? If a black man and a white woman (or vice versa) marry, then it's still a man and a woman.

I wish people also would realize that a lot of "gay" people are just a bit messed up in the head and hanging around with weirdos. This isn't a homophobic comment, I'm just stating a mere fact.

Eh, your entire comment is pretty much the dictionary definition of homophobia. :pac: Just cos you call it a "fact", it doesn't make it one.

You could be right there. Though I admit I really like being "messed up in the head"...especially when I go home at night to my hot latin lover ;) We make being "weirdos" very, very hot :D

ah 'bigot' is another word the gay lobby like to throw about.

there are heteros who lead double lives and do not hurt those who love them. somethings are best kept secret.

there are married men who came out of the closet much to the humiliation of their wife.

You have no problem with relationships built on a foundation of lies, but don't assume everyone else feels the same. As for bigot, well it can be thrown around quite easily, but given your apparent obsession with what gay men get up to in the privacy of their own homes, I think your posts can be described as such.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I'd say the father is a secret fudge packer and can't handle it and that's why he reacted so badly to his sons entrance into gaydom. It's the only logical explanation.

Millicent wrote: »
    Eh, your entire comment is pretty much the dictionary definition of homophobia. :pac: Just cos you call it a "fact", it doesn't make it one.
    Point out one part of it that is homophobic?
    OldNotWIse wrote: »
    You could be right there. Though I admit I really like being "messed up in the head"...especially when I go home at night to my hot latin lover ;) We make being "weirdos" very, very hot :D
    I made a point that there are a lot of people who do hang around with weirdos and end up that way. I don't believe for one second that ALL people are born gay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I agree that people shouldn't compare the two. Although both are wrong, I find homophobia even more moronic.

You have no problem with relationships built on a foundation of lies, but don't assume everyone else feels the same. As for bigot, well it can be thrown around quite easily, but given your apparent obsession with what gay men get up to in the privacy of their own homes, I think your posts can be described as such.

what gays do in the privacy of their own homes is their business and concerns me little. aggressively promoting their lifestyle as the norm however is unacceptable.

This bit: I wish people also would realize that a lot of "gay" people are just a bit messed up in the head and hanging around with weirdos.

humanji wrote: »
    This bit: I wish people also would realize that a lot of "gay" people are just a bit messed up in the head and hanging around with weirdos.

I've seen people who haven't ever shown any homosexual tendencies and at some stage they would hang around with oddballs and outcasts and all of a sudden they are gay. I really don't believe all gay people are "born gay". That is what I mean. How is that homophobic?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

aggressively promoting their lifestyle as the norm however is unacceptable.
    Where is this aggressive promotion? Is there a "Buy One Gay Get One Free" deal on in the supermarket, perhaps at the checkout counter?

prison sex is not considered gay.

arabs have sex with a man before they have sex with a woman but its not considered gay.

I've seen people who haven't ever shown any homosexual tendencies and at some stage they would hang around with oddballs and outcasts and all of a sudden they are gay. I really don't believe all gay people are "born gay". That is what I mean. How is that homophobic?
    There's a huge difference between "a lot of gay people" and "I've seen people". Your assumption that a lot of people are straight and are turned gay by weirdos, is not only Olympic grade bolloxology, it's homophobic. It's taking a negative stereotype and placing it on a large group of gay people.

• Advertisement

prison sex is not considered gay by some.

Some arabs have sex with a man before they have sex with a woman but its not considered gay.

Fixed that for you.

this thread as usual on the subject of gays suggests an interest in debate and then when people start to criticise gays the terms of abuse are brought out.

it would the gay community lobby is somewhat intolerant to the views of their opponents.

What terms of abuse?

There's a huge difference between "a lot of gay people" and "I've seen people". Your assumption that a lot of people are straight and are turned gay by weirdos, is not only Olympic grade bolloxology, it's homophobic. It's taking a negative stereotype and placing it on a large group of gay people.

What the hell do you want me to say then? If I say what I've seen, then it's a stereotype, if I say ANYTHING about gay people then it's dismissed as homophobia (unless it's what everyone wants to hear, but I'm not a f*cking politician).

How come in the last 5 years there has been an absolute explosion in the number of gay people around then? Susceptible teenagers having this craziness in front of them 24/7 (There seems to be a token gay person in every tv show these days) combined with idiots like David Norris going on about going off with teenage boys, has the world gone insane?!

Christ, paedophiles will be crying out for their "human rights" next, then people under 18 and so on and so forth.

There has to be a line drawn somewhere. I actually fear for any children I have in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

What the hell do you want me to say then? If I say what I've seen, then it's a stereotype, if I say ANYTHING about gay people then it's dismissed as homophobia (unless it's what everyone wants to hear, but I'm not a f*cking politician).

How come in the last 5 years there has been an absolute explosion in the number of gay people around then? Susceptible teenagers having this craziness in front of them 24/7 (There seems to be a token gay person in every tv show these days) combined with idiots like David Norris going on about going off with teenage boys, has the world gone insane?!

Christ, paedophiles will be crying out for their "human rights" next, then people under 18 and so on and so forth.

There has to be a line drawn somewhere. I actually fear for any children I have in the future.
    Really?

You fear for the fact your children could live a happy homophobia free life if they did happen to be gay?

Well I'll be, that sounds horrendous! :rolleyes:

There were always gay people around, what has changed is that society is more open minded and as such gay people find it easier to be open a put who they are. What's so difficult to understand about that?

• Advertisement

Additionally, any experience I've had from being in the company of "gay" people has been very negative. Constantly and I mean constantly going on about their sexuality like it's nobody's business (I'd ride that person, I rode this person). Some straight people I know do it also and it's very off putting. But I've noticed that gay people are far worse for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yes, young men are seeing gay role models and then running around sucking on eachother's penises to emulate them.

Do you actually think this through in your head? Do you honestly believe that all men (or indeed all women) are capable of choosing whether they find men or women attractive?

Because I can't. I never chose. I find women hot, and I always have. The idea of sucking on a penis is right up there with chewing on a turd in terms of how appealing I find it.

Maybe you chose, good for you. You're probably bisexual. But most people can't choose. They are what they are.

There has been an alleged "explosion" in openly gay people because they no longer fear being openly gay. The actual number of gay people hasn't changed.

I also fear for any children you may have in the future. If they follow your lead, they'll be social pariahs, like Westboro members.

You're really not getting it. You said yourself that you'd seen it. Then you label "a lot" of gay people with being gay because of a tiny fraction of a fraction of gay people that you've seen. Do you not realise that you've made a huge jump in logic based on a tiny amount of people you've seen?

You can't say "a lot" of gay people because you simply don't know a lot of gay people.

Because, present company excluded, being gay is not considered a bad thing by most people. People are being accepted for who they are on a larger scale than before. We're only starting to cast off the shackles of Catholicism which claimed being gay was a sin. Ireland is actually, finally starting to grow up.

You, personally, don't have to accept people gay. But that doesn't mean you should be spouting rubbish about it existing only because of brainwashing.
    Now, you do know that that's a load of bollox, right? Making insane claims like that is just damaging the argument you tried to make.
    Yes, we should treat everyone with respect instead of oppressing them because of things that don't affect us. Is that really too much to ask?
    Additionally, any experience I've had from being in the company of "gay" people has been very negative. Constantly and I mean constantly going on about their sexuality like it's nobody's business (I'd ride that person, I rode this person). Some straight people I know do it also and it's very off putting. But I've noticed that gay people are far worse for it.
    If true, it's still not a measure of gay people in the world. And if you think gay people are worse for it, you should meet my straight friends. They'd make a docker blush.

Meesared wrote: »
    Really?

You fear for the fact your children could live a happy homophobia free life if they did happen to be gay?

Well I'll be, that sounds horrendous! :rolleyes:

What if I had a child who was born with an actual fear of homosexuality? As in if it was a proven phobia. Should he/she start a movement to get their rights acknowledged? Genuine question ,not taking the piss like.
    There were always gay people around, what has changed is that society is more open minded and as such gay people find it easier to be open a put who they are. What's so difficult to understand about that?

I understand that. But is it really necessary to promote homosexuality everywhere? Society gets it, there are gay people. Fine. Why shove it in peoples faces? It's like it's being promoted as a new way to live or something instead of them saying it's ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Yeah, straight people never do that. When I'm out with the lads in a pub we never discuss which women in the pub that we'd shag. We never point out the one in the white top with the massive jugs. We just sit chatting about the recession like normal people. We also never discuss which celebrities we'd shag, that's perverted.

• Advertisement

What if I had a child who was born with an actual fear of homosexuality? As in if it was a proven phobia. Should he/she start a movement to get their rights acknowledged? Genuine question ,not taking the piss like.
    Phobias are not something a person is born with. They're acquired growing up. While society is usually sensitive to phobias, it rarely affords phobic people any additional rights, since a phobia is a cognitive irregularity which can be fixed.
    People with tokophobia (fear of childbirth) don't get free contraception or get bumped up the adoption list and we don't cover up maternity hospitals so they can't see them.

You're clutching at straws here.

You're also failing to recognise that homosexuals aren't looking for additional rights. They're just looking for equal rights.
    I understand that. But is it really necessary to promote homosexuality everywhere? Society gets it, there are gay people. Fine. Why shove it in peoples faces? It's like it's being promoted as a new way to live or something instead of them saying it's ok.
    Promoted everywhere? Where? Where are the billboards saying, "Be gay, it's great", or the offers for "20% off if you feel up your boyfriend in the queue"?

That's right, there aren't. You're confusing normalising of homosexuality (and thus it occurring more openly) with "promoting" it. Again, you're also erroneously deciding that it's something which can be promoted as a choice. It can't. It's not a choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Vohnsom Hofmee

Because we're in the transitional phase of (worldwide) acceptance? Give society a couple of decades to adjust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

everyone is so tolerant towards gays these days. where were all these tolerant folks when gays were criminals?
    I mean this with the greatest sense of respect towards gay people (and as a straight man, this may be roughly equivalent to a white American diminishing the extent & prevalence of racial discrimination towards blacks in the 50's, but...)...

People sometimes exaggerate the extent to which homosexuality was rejected prior to the decriminalization of certain homosexual acts in 1993. Ireland was already treading a far more liberal path towards acceptance of gay people as far back as the early 1970's. It wasn't a sudden, overnight explosion of liberal attitude.

I am showing my rapidly advancing age here, but I can remember 1993 reasonably well; I was 8 years old & I used to play at my "aunts'" house; friends of my parents who happened to be a pair of 'out' lesbians in rural Ireland.

I don't mean this in any way to detract from the terrible experiences & prohibitions & sense of shame that were foisted upon gay people (and which I suspect linger in the darker recesses of society today).

My point is simply that you should give straight people a little more credit.

Plenty of straight people have long recognized the absurdity of discrimination based on sexual orientation; only last week I was reading an article from the mid 1970s in which Dr Noel Browne attended & addressed a gathering of a University LGBT rights group; he made some remarks in favor of equality which were not greeted with outrage or ire as our understanding of the history of homosexual rights might sometimes incline us to assume they would have been. As far as I could make out, the media seemed to think his campaign for equality pretty unremarkable.

Here's another article on homosexuality which was originally published in the Sindo in 1972. Although a little quaint, it is actually quite sympathetic to the plight of gay people.

http://www.irishnewsarchive.com/Repository/ml.asp?Ref=U0lOLzE5NzIvMDcvMjMjQXIwMDgwMQ%3D%3D&Mode=Gif&Locale=english-skin-custom

So in answer to your question, there were plenty of liberals who disagreed with this sort of discrimination prior to 1993

everyone is so tolerant towards gays these days. where were all these tolerant folks when gays were criminals?
    Sorry, my bad. I was four.

seamus wrote: »
    Yes, young men are seeing gay role models and then running around sucking on eachother's penises to emulate them.

Do you actually think this through in your head? Do you honestly believe that all men (or indeed all women) are capable of choosing whether they find men or women attractive?

Because I can't. I never chose. I find women hot, and I always have. The idea of sucking on a penis is right up there with chewing on a turd in terms of how appealing I find it.

Maybe you chose, good for you. You're probably bisexual. But most people can't choose. They are what they are.

There has been an alleged "explosion" in openly gay people because they no longer fear being openly gay. The actual number of gay people hasn't changed.

I also fear for any children you may have in the future. If they follow your lead, they'll be social pariahs, like Westboro members.

First of all, I'm not religious in any way shape or form. I think logically, so religion to me is a load of bollocks. Yes I have always only found women attractive.

The main problem I have with this LBGT stuff is the "T" part. If you were out one night and you went off with someone who happened to have a mickey the further on you got, would that bother you? If you had a child that was gay would that bother you?
    You're really not getting it. You said yourself that you'd seen it. Then you label "a lot" of gay people with being gay because of a tiny fraction of a fraction of gay people that you've seen. Do you not realise that you've made a huge jump in logic based on a tiny amount of people you've seen?

You can't say "a lot" of gay people because you simply don't know a lot of gay people.

Because, present company excluded, being gay is not considered a bad thing by most people. People are being accepted for who they are on a larger scale than before. We're only starting to cast off the shackles of Catholicism which claimed being gay was a sin. Ireland is actually, finally starting to grow up.

You, personally, don't have to accept people gay. But that doesn't mean you should be spouting rubbish about it existing only because of brainwashing.

Now, you do know that that's a load of bollox, right? Making insane claims like that is just damaging the argument you tried to make.

Yes, we should treat everyone with respect instead of oppressing them because of things that don't affect us. Is that really too much to ask?

If true, it's still not a measure of gay people in the world. And if you think gay people are worse for it, you should meet my straight friends. They'd make a docker blush.

Hold on a second, I said from what I seen. I'm pretty sure that this stuff isn't just localised to my surroundings.

Now there we go, another thing from the LGBT brigade, bashin religion. As I've said, religion to me is a lot of bollocks and I've no interest in it, but many people still do in Ireland (most peoples parents/grandparents for example). They would be far different today if it wasn't for it and it gives them something to hold on to whenever something bad happens in their lives. It's so hypocritical of people who are pro-gay to start bashing something else like that.

It's not a case of accepting people, it's case of promotion of being gay and also the behaviour of gay people I've met. I was in Canada in march and my friend and I spoke to 2 lesbians and a gay man and they were sound. You could tell they were gay from their appearance also, but they just acted normal and weren't over the top like most of the idiots that have surfaced in Ireland.

I treat everybody with respect when I speak to them not matter who they are unless they do something to really piss me off. But I do find another man talking about having sex with other men offensive similar to people talking offence to swearing, blasphemy etc.etc.

I can only go on personal experience, but what happens in my area is more than likely going on everywhere.

Good thing I don't know your friends then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

If you had a child that was gay would that bother you?
    I couldn't give 2 shits if I had a child that was gay. I think any good parent would be the same.

I made a point that there are a lot of people who do hang around with weirdos and end up that way. I don't believe for one second that ALL people are born gay.

So??? This may surprise you, but it actually doesn't matter to gay people what kind of theories you have on how they "ended up that way" - I know I was born gay, I couldn't care less if every other person on the planet tells me otherwise. Know why? Because they dont know what its like to be me and to be gay, so I have the final say on this.

First of all, I'm not religious in any way shape or form. I think logically, so religion to me is a load of bollocks. Yes I have always only found women attractive.

The main problem I have with this LBGT stuff is the "T" part. If you were out one night and you went off with someone who happened to have a mickey the further on you got, would that bother you? If you had a child that was gay would that bother you?

Hold on a second, I said from what I seen. I'm pretty sure that this stuff isn't just localised to my surroundings.

Now there we go, another thing from the LGBT brigade, bashin religion. As I've said, religion to me is a lot of bollocks and I've no interest in it, but many people still do in Ireland (most peoples parents/grandparents for example). They would be far different today if it wasn't for it and it gives them something to hold on to whenever something bad happens in their lives. It's so hypocritical of people who are pro-gay to start bashing something else like that.

It's not a case of accepting people, it's case of promotion of being gay and also the behaviour of gay people I've met. I was in Canada in march and my friend and I spoke to 2 lesbians and a gay man and they were sound. You could tell they were gay from their appearance also, but they just acted normal and weren't over the top like most of the idiots that have surfaced in Ireland.

I treat everybody with respect when I speak to them not matter who they are unless they do something to really piss me off. But I do find another man talking about having sex with other men offensive similar to people talking offence to swearing, blasphemy etc.etc.

I can only go on personal experience, but what happens in my area is more than likely going on everywhere.

Good thing I don't know your friends then!

I've been out for a decade and I have not heard men talking about having sex with other men, any more than I have heard men talking about sleeping with women and vice versa. Could this be a case of double standards?

I didn't actually think you were religious, but I can see how there might be confusion with my Westboro reference, so apologies if you thought that's what I was implying.
    The main problem I have with this LBGT stuff is the "T" part. If you were out one night and you went off with someone who happened to have a mickey the further on you got, would that bother you?
    That's an entirely different issue though. Would I be bothered? Of course I would. Would I blame all trans people for it? Of course not. I'd blame the idiot who waited too long to reveal a rather material piece of information to me.
    If you had a child that was gay would that bother you?
    We get one life and one shot at it. The only thing that I want for my children is for them to be happy with themselves and enjoy this being alive experience. Whether that involves sleeping with the opposite gender, or the same gender, or both, I don't really give a **** so long as they're happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭antoswords

I actually fear for any children I have in the future.[/QUOTE]

I also fear for any children you may have in the future.

• Advertisement
Advertisement