Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom cost?

• 13-08-2012 10:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi guys i was just wondering how much i would expect to pay for the removal of a bath, toilet and sink and putting in a new Toilet sink, electric shower and enclosure, my bathroom is quite small, My husband and me would tile it ourselfs.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Depending onb how difficult it is to plumb and wire a T90 I would say around 800 euro.

Its none of my business what you do but if it were me i would plub the bath and taps and sink and shower myself with qualpex. I would use an electrician to wire the shower and i would get a professional tiler to tile the bathroom.

but thats just my worth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭CBYR1983

If there's no tiling cost under a grand. Labour only. I priced a few plumber recently and 800 to 850.

There's hassle in bathrooms. Eventually I went with a plumber and tiler who worked together. Finish was good but going was slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭kulareggae

Depending onb how difficult it is to plumb and wire a T90 I would say around 800 euro.

Its none of my business what you do but if it were me i would plub the bath and taps and sink and shower myself with qualpex. I would use an electrician to wire the shower and i would get a professional tiler to tile the bathroom.

but thats just my worth

Yh my husband is quite good tiling and my dad would know how to plumb a sink and taps, so definitly sumtin 2 think about.
    Whats Qualpex?

And my dad knows a good electrician for a shower

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

kulareggae wrote: »
    Yh my husband is quite good tiling and my dad would know how to plumb a sink and taps, so definitly sumtin 2 think about.
    Whats Qualpex?

Qualpex is a type of flexible plastic plumbing pipe.:)

You will get it in any builders providers or plumbers providers shop.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Whats Qualpex?

http://www.pipelife.ie/ie/products/Buildings/Hot_and_Cold/Qual_PEX_Plumbing_System.php

I done my bathroom up last year,new shower enclosure,loo,sink,re-plumbed everything back to the hot press,floor tiles and wall tiles to 6 feet high,and a towel rad,total cost of materials €1400.

• Advertisement

mp22 wrote: »
    Whats Qualpex?

http://www.pipelife.ie/ie/products/Buildings/Hot_and_Cold/Qual_PEX_Plumbing_System.php

I done my bathroom up last year,new shower enclosure,loo,sink,re-plumbed everything back to the hot press,floor tiles and wall tiles to 6 feet high,and a towel rad,total cost of materials €1400.

Thats not bad at all

You will pick up a chrome towel rad for around 65-70 euro in a builders providers or plumbers merchants.

If you shop around you can get a full modern bathroom suite (bog,basin and bathtub kit) for around 250 euro these days.

paddy147 wrote: »
    You will pick up a chrome towel rad for around 65-70 euro in a builders providers or plumbers merchants.

If you shop around you can get a full modern bathroom suite (bog,basin and bathtub kit) for around 250 euro these days.

yh good few deals i saw well my loo is ok il just change seat nd handle so sink and enclosure about 300 for the two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Few thing to remember about making bathrooms look well cheaply.

1. Taps say a lot. Buy a cheap suite( Pan cistern basin and pedestal) and nice taps and it will look well.

2. Buying a standard toilet will allow you pick up a cheap seat when it goes in a year or to.

3. Dont buy gold or taps with colours in them. Cheap cheap cheap!

4. If your taking out your rad and putting in a towel rail dont put a rail anything less than 500 wide by 1200 high into an irish bathroom. Your bathroom wont heat up. On the subject of heated towel rails. Dont leave your towels on them. It costs to much. Just use them before the shower.

If you have more than 1 child and 2 audults in a house a plumbed shower to the tank will not do. Especially with a girl child. T90 or Mira elite.

5. Do not instal a bath shower mixer if you intend installing a shower over the bath. especially if 4 above applies.

6. Do not use pop up wastes if you have yong kids. They will flood the bathroom.

7. The lock on a bathroom door should be weaker than a door and frame so you dont break the door if you have to kick it in.

8. Dont keep a weighing scales in the bathroom. Everyone uses it to get out of the bath if you dont have mats. If you do have mats it will make the bathroom look cluttered.

9. Dont believe you need loads of storage. The more storage you have the more you will fill it. Underbasin works better than over basin. But underbasin is not safe with kids so no medicines.

10. Do not use bleach or cream cleaner in a bath. Especially acrylic baths. If you need to use cream cleaner use white.

11. Flat topped baths do not support a shower over it unless the screen is moved to the inside edge of the bath.

12 Shower curtains work better than shower screens.

13.If your temped to squeeze a shower tray into a bathoom do not belive you will be happy in a 800 quadrant. Especially if there is an electric shower. Compact a bijou is not the applicable word here.

This list can be endless... I am too tired this morning.

Just remember one thing. You cannot have Jalos bathroom for 2k.

Some very good points there indeed...especially 6 and 7..with regards young kids.

• Advertisement

Aldi have some "soft close" toilet seats at the moment for 15 euro.

Bought 2 of them before and they are a good bit of kit.

Advertisement