Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ex trying to get custody

• 13-08-2012 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Hi! All, my sister's ex is trying to get primary custody of her children. She has been the primary carer for 7 years - the children are 11 and 9.

My sister relocated for a job in Waterford. She told her ex about a year ago that money was very tight and she may have to move for a job. She then got a job in Waterford in April. She told her ex about the job and that she would have to move. He didn't reply for 3 weeks, and she assumed everything was ok. Then after three weeks when she had already accepted the job and put a deposit on a house, he told her he was going to get an injunction to prevent her moving; when this didn't happen, he told her he was going to go for primary care.

Now my sister's job didn't last - the company folded after two months. My sister is now commuting 80 miles each way to a new job ten days per month - she doesn't get home until nine and is gone at 6.30 a.m. Her ex is now stating that he wants primary custody of the children, and wants them to reside with him in Dublin. This would involve changing the children's schools again - they changed at end of April.

The children don't want to return to Dublin to live with their dad. They love Waterford and are heavily involved in water sports - so it's great for them. There is a S.47 evaluation at my sister's request.

Because of the threats to get custody due to my sister's work hours, my sister is now thinking of giving up her job - which is well-paid - and going on Lone Parent Allowance.

Does anyone have any experience of this sort of issue and what do they think. Is this a possibility that the children could be taken from the primary carer after all this time? The children are doing exceptionally well and have always done so with my sister - they also love the new and smaller school in Waterford.

Any comments really welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Hannaho

Sorry, meant to say that my sister's children are minded at home before and after school. They get the school bus at 8.00 a.m. and are not home until 4.00 p.m., and they are minded at home.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

If only you'd read the forums charter you couldve saved yourself from typing out such a long post. Your sister needs to see a solicitor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement