Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Several Permian shark species found in Arizona

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

It's quite interesting how the ctenacanthiformes may in fact be a 'dead end' lineage and not closely related to modern sharks at all. One coukd easily forget how diverse sharks have been and how much they have changed down through the ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Indeed sharks and relations have filled most niches over time. That tooth looks very impressive too. More of a bone cruncher than a flesh nibbler to my eyes.

The extra 'mini teeth' on the tooth (imagine that, a shark with teeth on its teeth!) remind me s bit of a sand tiger tooth.

20050520%20017.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Hehe great minds think alike. When I saw the first pic I straight away thought of it as being a similar feeder as the Sand Tiger. The same skewering type bite.

Makes you wonder what kind of prey this great white sized predator was skewering...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

A shark with teeth on its teeth...how seriously badass does that even sound! :D

Advertisement