Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Brigits Garden

Options
  • 13-08-2012 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Anyone know how to get to St Brigits garden by bus?? Dont drive and I would love to take the little one for the day :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Clifden bus (BÉ or Citylink), get off at Rosscahill, and walk 2.5km down the country road (distance according to their entry in Google maps - I had an idea it was longer).

Sorry, I have no idea how safe the road is for walkers, the only time I was there was before I developed an interest in public transport accessibility.

Another option could be a taxi from Moycullen: again, I have no idea if there's any local taxis based there, or what it would cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

magztar wrote: »
    ... I would love to take the little one for the day :)

It's not a bad little spot but I think you might be hard pushed to spend a whole day there. Just IMO of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

There are lovely woods and a lake near it too if you wanted to take a picnic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

It's a bad enough road for walking. We went there before they opened for a free look around and it's nice. You'd spend an hour max, maybe two if you ate.

Give some taxi companys a shout for quotes would be my suggestion.

Loughwell Farm Park is in Moycullen, I would recommend this also for children.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

SeanPuddin wrote: »
    Loughwell Farm Park is in Moycullen, I would recommend this also for children.

Loughwell is brilliant, but is is not accessible by public transport. It is around 3 or 4 km from Moycullen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

Brigits garden is nice, but I didn't find it worth the money to be honest, and you really can't spend that much time there.

Consider Coole Park maybe instead? Its a little farther from Galway, but I'd imagine the bus will drop you off at the main road and its only a short walk from there.

They have events on for heritage week (next week) too.

http://www.coolepark.ie/events/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mr Man

Just be aware that a bus might drop you off at an unofficial location but good luck trying to get them to pick you up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 brigitsgarden

You can get either a CityLink bus www.citylink.ie or a Bus Eireann bus www.buseireann.ie - it's the Galway- Clifden route and you get off at Roscahill. Give us a ring at Brigit's Garden on 091 xxx and we will collect you from the bus stop and bring you back later.
    Brigit's Garden is very family-friendly and there's lots to do, from the play area to the swings, from the kids' discovery trail to exploring the woodland and stone chamber. Great food in the Cafe too.
    Hope to see you soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Poster "brightsgarden", please read the charter about posting phone numbers. Also if you want to keep posting as an official rep for your business you need to get verified with boards first.

Read the section 4.3 Representing a company or other entity
    http://www.boards.ie/terms/

Thanks

Advertisement