Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Ballyphehane

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I've shortlisted in down to 3,

Wiser ofering 2 bins Waste - 240L, recycling 240L @ 26.50 per month

Country clean 3 bins waste - 240L, recycling - 240L, glass - 240L @ 26.40 per month

Healys 2 bins waste - 240L, recycling - 240L @ 140 per 6 months( 23.33 per moth)

Green star are pretty much the same as the top 2, but I heard on the radio they're in financial difficulty at the moment so I dont really wanna get into a long term deal with them.

The top 3 offer the same pick up service, free bins provided

Healys looks to be the best going on price, but the minimum they take is 6 months.

aujopimur wrote: »
    If you're living on your own or have low usage, O'Donoghue Waste (021 4544004) have a pay as you go system, €5 recycling, €10 refuse.
    You will need to provide your own wheelie bins.

Living with 2 others, looking for the weekly service more than that, thanks thou

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

I heard that Ballyphehane was a really dodgy area! I suppose I know nothing, I live in Wilton, of all places...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Chloris wrote: »
    I heard that Ballyphehane was a really dodgy area! I suppose I know nothing, I live in Wilton, of all places...
    I've lived in Ballyphehane for 6 yrs., I walk here most days, and I walk home after a few pints on a Sat night from Turners X to Pouladuff 12.30-2.30 am.
    I've not had any problems, as most of the residents are OAP's and in bed early,as I should be myself, I had a problem with one scummy little neighbour when I moved here first, but I sorted that fairly quickly.
    On average I would say the area is a lot safer than many others.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I don't think there's any such thing as a dodgy area. No matter where you live, if you go looking for trouble, you'll find it.

OP, we're with Country Clean, and we have no problems. Seems that Healy's are cheaper though so maybe you should go with them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Donne

Also if you're up for a bit of reading, the Tory Top library has a great selection.

aujopimur wrote: »
    ............. I had a problem with one scummy little neighbour when I moved here first, but I sorted that fairly quickly.............

I can guess who that was.

Isn't your side of the road in The Lough parish though?

Not being religous, I don't know, but you're probably right.

3rd week in the house now, may as well give ya an update!

Absolutely love the house! sorted all the utility and facility needs, got set up with some UPC 50meg and HD TV,

Everything needed on a daily basis is within minutes of the area without the need of going into the city. The park across the road is ideal for some exercise for us and the dog!

also didnt realise it was so close to the link, I was heading for magazine road and onto the Sarsfield roundabout for the 1st week, when I realised then that I could paractically see the Kinsale rd roundabout form the house, ideal for work!

All in all, one very happy OP! thanks for the help lads.

Glad you're happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

3rd week in the house now, may as well give ya an update!

Absolutely love the house! sorted all the utility and facility needs, got set up with some UPC 50meg and HD TV,

Everything needed on a daily basis is within minutes of the area without the need of going into the city. The park across the road is ideal for some exercise for us and the dog!

also didnt realise it was so close to the link, I was heading for magazine road and onto the Sarsfield roundabout for the 1st week, when I realised then that I could paractically see the Kinsale rd roundabout form the house, ideal for work!

All in all, one very happy OP! thanks for the help lads.

Congrats on the house...Fantastic area..

Delighted your happy.

Enjoy.

Advertisement