Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A runners log..... Well kinda

• 14-08-2012 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Howdy to everyone I haven't spoken to in months!! I am back...or will try to be back on this.... as much as possible

Just to update everyone...I moved to the UK at the start of the year and have been there since.... My job keeps me fit but I decided the other day that I wanted to push things out a bit and I am aiming for a marathon either for the first 4 months of next year or failing that DCM 2013....

ANNNNYWAY.....To keep this short I am aiming for a sub 3 hr marathon.... and this is a big ask but I am in good condition and the first two runs of this log show it..

Sunday: Long Run....8 miler - Well it actually turned out to be 7.5 miles or so cuz of the route I took....I did it in 48.49....I was incredibly please with this cuz to be fair as I am sure u guys will lecture me it was meant to be my long run but I have had to lay off runnign for few weeks due a shoulder injury I picked up and on the physio's advice.... I needed to shake out a few cobwebs... Was tired but happy at the end of it...

Monday: 5 miles - No time...Took it nice and handy as a recovery run and did not break a sweat or really get out of breath the entire time.... I have latched onto a sub three hour programme from how to run a marathon website...so I will endeavor to follow that as much as possible between now and xmas when my training will undoubtedly be disrupted by my job but looking forward to the challenge! :)

And at Mr. Slow.... I know what its like to run with weight on your back. Trying to run a 7 min mile with 15 - 25 kg on ur back can be quite tough!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Ok.....

Rest day yesterday...Wasn't meant to be but time ran against me and things went to pot...It was meant to be tomorrow but meh feck it....

Run 3 Week 1:

Went out for 5 miles...Again...No watch but took it relatively handy..... At no point was I out of breath...Felt good and got into a really nice rhythm bout a mile and half in and felt really good at the end....

I followed a programme I found and thought I had bookmarked and was looking to see what my next run was...... I didn't bookmark it....I can't find it :eek:

Anyone have a sub 3 training programme I could follow????

Advertisement