Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Psychology

Options
  • 14-08-2012 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Don't know if I should put this here or over in the sports forum, so mods feel free to move it.

Just wondering if anyone could recommend any good books to do with sports psychology? I've got a world championship coming up and would be interested to know more of how to get inside my opponents head, not choke etc.

All replies welcome (even sarcasm)! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭mrwhimwham

103 views and no replies.

I am dissapoint!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

The Inner Game of Tennis by W. Timothy Gallwey

Haven't read it myself but read an off-shoot of it, The Inner Game of Music, and it was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Yes I've been recommended the Inner Game of Tennis before but I've not read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Any of Dr Bob Rotella's psycholgy of golf books

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Scrum001

Can I suggest a couple of books by Frank Dick, who was Daley Thompson's athletics coach amongst others. I bought his book "Winning" a good few years ago as it interlinked sports and business motivation, two subjects that I was interested in. I found it a good read at a time when I was lacking a bit in motivation. He has a more recent book called "Winning Matters" which might be more relevant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

I'm actually half way though both Winning and The inner game of tennis and both are pretty good and I'd recommend them greatly.

Sorry for resurrecting an oldish thread.

Advertisement