Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smell off us?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

jad2007 wrote: »
    ...Currently the UK government are spending millions trying to "save the high street". Mary Portas was recruited to work on this strategy and one of her main conclusions was more independent shops ( not big name stores)...

The main reason they have this problem is that they allowed out of town shopping centres to be built. The population of the UK is 62 million and out of town shopping centres still f%^$ things up, what chance do we have with 4 million. So people who think they are a good idea would want to open their eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Well we have Richie Hayes

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Good to see you posting a video of your sister with clothes on for a change Lamph haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Good to see you posting a video of your sister with clothes on for a change Lamph haha.

Will you stop we know you're secretly gutted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

In fairness the OP did warn us what the thread was about, and not to read it if we don't want to hear whinging. (Even if it may have been discussed already ;) )

So I don't really know why some of you are getting your knickers in a twist. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Lamph

Jayeire wrote: »
    In fairness the OP did warn us what the thread was about, and not to read it if we don't want to hear whinging. (Even if it may have been discussed already ;) )

So I don't really know why some of you are getting your knickers in a twist. :rolleyes:

Job! ^^^

Someone gets it :)
    May as well have a laugh every so often...
    ...this is meant to be a lighthearted thread!

I just wanted to throw down a few casual observations about how Waterford gets comically overlooked.

-Like the way we were the last city in Ireland to get a decent motorway / dual carriageway towards Dublin... and remember when we went ballistic looking to get recognition for the WRTC... and when they finally upgraded it to WIT, they made every other lame RTC in Ireland an IT too. lol

It's just our luck ;)

Anyway, In spite of the hilarity surrounding it, Waterford rocks!
    (Perhaps I should write a song about that, Avox?!)

...And -I need to quickly address the few posters who spend *way-too-much-time-on-boards* and seem to know every post that's been written this year so well, that they rank them from best to worst! (lol)
    Seriously... ye need to lose yer virginity, or at the very least -leave the attic once in a while. :P

There are plenty of people who dip in and out of here, and are not au fait with which topics are (in some peoples' opinions) discussed too much. So try not to be cnuts to the casual browsers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Lamph wrote: »
    What's all that about?!
    Geography? Lines on a map? Something to do with the GAA?
    (I feel there's a Dan Brown novel in this)
    He'll blame the Knights Templar again. :)

Regards...jmcc

Lamph wrote: »

...And -I need to quickly address the few posters who spend *way-too-much-time-on-boards* and seem to know every post that's been written this year so well, that they rank them from best to worst! (lol)
    Seriously... ye need to lose yer virginity, or at the very least -leave the attic once in a while. :P

There are plenty of people who dip in and out of here, and are not au fait with which topics are (in some peoples' opinions) discussed too much. So try not to be cnuts to the casual browsers :D

Thats not a boards only problem. Every fecking site has it. It can be annoying when your not in the "in crowd" or whatever they call it but then you just think to yourself, tis the internet, people have little gangs on the web, haha fook them.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

Don't be dragging me into this now!!! :D

Don't be dragging me into this now!!! :D

Is knickers in a twist your sister?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Is knickers in a twist your sister?

Maybe it's Lamphs sisters knickers in a twist, video to follow no doubt...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

The only thing that bothers me about this thread is the phrase "smell off us". Is this some new hip phrase all the kids use these days? It annoys me :mad:

The only thing that bothers me about this thread is the phrase "smell off us". Is this some new hip phrase all the kids use these days? It annoys me :mad:

That saying is as old as the hills .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

That saying is as old as the hills .

Yeah, I'm 28, but would have said that the whole time when I was 6 or 7 probably! :p

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm 28, but would have said that the whole time when I was 6 or 7 probably! :p

Smell off ya boy. Haha.

Smell off ya boy. Haha.

Exactly like that! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

I wouldn.t be getting jealous of Kilkenny shopping.

Iceland is cheap for a reason - cheap ingredients.

McDonagh Junction is a nice centre, but suffers from poor footfall.

M&S - Are good but rather expensive

Waterford has and kilkenny has not...

Tesco
    Smyths Toys
    Largest Yankee Candle store in Europe (or so the advert claims)
    B&Q
    3rd Level College
    Decent beaches
    The Blaaa
    Dungarvan Brewing Company Beers
    Treacys Hotel:D - Never heard of a kilkenny hotel telling a group of complaining stags to stick it where the sun don't shine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

kilkenny aint getting a Dealz yet !! waterford is!!!

They have a shít load more medals than us though hahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭war_child

Creamsoda wrote: »
    I can't decide if this one or war child's one about every thread turning into Dublin bashing is worse.

Just saw my name mentioned Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Noteriety is a mudafuga

See were all back to whingin again folks such a great TOWN

lol :D

And for those who dont know yes i was callin it a town as a joke dont want the WERE A CITY brigade after me happy weekend folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

war_child wrote: »

And for those who dont know yes i was callin it a town as a joke dont want the WERE A CITY brigade after me happy weekend folks
    You're thinking of Kilkenny!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭war_child

You're thinking of Kilkenny!

Would be the first time ive ever been accused of that lol

I thought Dealz wasn't coming now?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

When Iceland first opened in Carlow it was like people had never seen frozen chips before.

There was a que out the door for the first week total mania.

I would say now less than a year later its lucky to make break even.

You really are not missing much.

Oh yeah the first day it opened someone broke in that night and nicked 70k from the safe, I bet they wished they had gone to Waterford instead then:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

I thought Dealz wasn't coming now?
    no there still coming just few complications but there still moving into lisduggan sc

no there still coming just few complications but there still moving into lisduggan sc

Delighted!! :D Love the Cork one!!!

My mother has every nick-nack and gadget possible to own from Aldi, Lidl, Buy-Low & TK Maxx - if Dealz opens, we'll have to build her an extension!!

Don't know about ye but I always thought the Lisduggan Shopping Centre was a bit of a hole to be honest. The shops themselves are fine but just the whole look of the place, inside and out, is depressing.

My mother has every nick-nack and gadget possible to own from Aldi, Lidl, Buy-Low & TK Maxx - if Dealz opens, we'll have to build her an extension!!

Don't know about ye but I always thought the Lisduggan Shopping Centre was a bit of a hole to be honest. The shops themselves are fine but just the whole look of the place, inside and out, is depressing.

I agree! And I don't know why! :pac: I grew up a 5 min walk away from the shopping centre and have always seen it as darker, more depressing than say City Square, George's Court or Ardkeen SC. I wonder why that is? Hopefully Dealz will bring a boost to it. The carpark could do with a sprucing up too, that might help. Matbe some new lighting or signage or something? :confused:

Jason Todd wrote: »
    I agree! And I don't know why! :pac: I grew up a 5 min walk away from the shopping centre and have always seen it as darker, more depressing than say City Square, George's Court or Ardkeen SC. I wonder why that is? Hopefully Dealz will bring a boost to it. The carpark could do with a sprucing up too, that might help. Matbe some new lighting or signage or something? :confused:

I grew up only about 5 mins away too (only it was probably about ten years before you :P). The place definitely lacks character, it just reminds me of a big warehouse with a few windows in it. Georges Court has the nice bit of brick inside and has the two floors which makes it look a bit more airy and Ardkeen seems nice & bright, I honestly don't know what Lisduggan could do to change things, I suppose they can't put more windows around the outside as the way the shops are organised, the outside walls are the back of all the units and the areas for deliveries etc. - be great if they could level the whole thing and start again :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

It also seems to be full of... actually I'll stop myself there...

Advertisement