Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much study do I need?

• 14-08-2012 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi,

I'm entering my final year of school (6th year) in September. I took 5th year pretty relaxed and missed a fair amount of class especially Irish. I am doing everything higher level except for maths. The course I would dream of having starts 570, second choice,550 and 3rd, 520.

Anyone have an idea of how much study I will need to put in to achieve this? I planned on studying an hour everyday from now till school and 2 hours a day till november and 3 hours a day till january and 4 till the end of the leavin. Is this too little?

I really do want this and all help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭the_big_shmoke

define study?

extra revision or just any homework you have for the day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

It's not the amount, it's the quality that matters. Study properly, not passively, and keep going until you realise you are starting to lose concentration. Somedays you will be able to study for half an hour properly, sometimes you will last a few hours. It all depends.
    And please do not study before school starts, and when it does don't shock yourself by starting study straightaway, ease yourself into it. Don't burn out by Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dandaman2764

sorry, its added on after homework. extra revision

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭the_big_shmoke

Ya that sounds like loads if you can manage it. Don't start studying before school though, make the most of time off!! you'll hav enough time to study during school year

• Advertisement

Ya that sounds like loads if you can manage it. Don't start studying before school though, make the most of time off!! you'll hav enough time to study during school year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

dont start studying now, but try and organise notes etc before you go back. Organisation is vital and the amount of time it saves!

Advertisement