Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Light Switch?

• 14-08-2012 1:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need to put in an extra light switch in my hallway . It turns on and off four GU10 recess lights in the ceiling. The switch that turns them on and off at the moment is not in a good location for us.

I don't want to run new wires so is there a wireless switch available that can work in conjunction with the existing switch?

I know there are wireless switches available I just don't know if will work together with the existing switches.

Any info would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

wireless switch ? sounds a tad mad to me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Mad but true sealgaire - http://www.adhocelectronics.com/Products/Wireless-Lighting-Control

I am not an electrician but I would guess that the above wireless switch (or similar) would work fine once your current switch is turned on always. Or perhaps you could put the wireless receiver in place of the old switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,577 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Would you think about fitting a pir? Or replace them with led lights then just leave them on longer.

Advertisement