Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FREE MASTERING SERVICE (limited time offer)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Hi I just visited your Facebook page .

You don't have any info about your studio on it.

Could you fill us in ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 xLabsMastering

We updated our facebook page thanks for highlighting that for us :) Our equipment is as follows;

Yamaha HS80M Nearfield Monitors
    Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Headphones

Izotope Ozone 5 Advanced Plug-In
    Softube Studio Collection Plug-In
    Waves Masters Plug-In
    Fabfilter Mixing/Mastering Tools Plug-In

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

We updated our facebook page thanks for highlighting that for us :) Our equipment is as follows;

Waves Masters Plug-In

Probably completely off topic, but I love hs80s. Favourite monitors at the moment.

Might send a track in. :cool:

Waves Masters Plug-In

Most Bedroom Studios would have similar gear . So what's your USP ?

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    So what's your USP ?

Our Unique Selling Point is that we provide professional results for incredible rates, most studios ask for €50-€65 per track. We currently have a limited time deal were we master for free the first 10 tracks we recieve after this period we charge €15 for the first track and €10 for each track that follows (note this only applies if your looking for an album to be mastered). For Single tracks we charge €15. Here's a little history about our founder;

I have been working in a studio for over 2 years recording mixing and mastering various Irish bands. Also I have worked with Darren from Solar Sound Systems doing sound for musical societies around my local area. Also from a very early age I was interested in music, I have played in several bands throughout my teenage years, playing in venues such as the sugar club, oil can harrys, Lexilip festival and various other festivals around Ireland.

• Advertisement

Ok. Best of Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Can you post up audio examples
    Most people would like to hear what you can do before agreeing to part with any cash

seannash wrote: »
    Can you post up audio examples
    Most people would like to hear what you can do before agreeing to part with any cash

We're currently working on releasing samples of our work but if you would like to try us out FREE OF CHARGE you can submit us your song to our email which is xLabsMastering@gmail.com. Please note that we are only mastering 8 more songs for free so if you want to avail of this service get sending as its first come first serve basis.

Regards,
    Eamonn

xLabs Mastering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

have you a client list? or is mastering a new venture for you?

as you can guess from all the questions, deciding on a mastering service is no small decision. after a client pays big money for recording and mixing the 50 odd euro a track that the pros charge is small change and most would likely pay more for guaranteed results.

also most of us that are mixing for a living will offer listen masters for free. they might not be up to full commercial quality but they arent far off. is your service up to full commercial quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

Hi Eamonn,

Your always going to be picked apart here if your new to mastering, especially if it's set solely on plugin. It's a steep learning curve for a new venture mastering that is. Fair play to you for giving it a go, I look forward to hearing your work.

If you need some advice on some outboard gear give us a shout. Am just after putting together a mastering desk. SPL PASSEQ, BFE/FILTEK MK3, HCL VARIS MU, NEUMANN U473, APOGEE ROSETTA AD/DA, BRAINWORX PLUGINS, WAVES GOLD BUNDLE. And got custom built 3 way speaker system for the room. I plan to add Maselec MLA-3 sometime before the end of the year

Spent a alot of time on room acoustics too.

I've spent my time working for independent mastering rooms in Holland and Germany, I have done my sh*t hours. I think people will have a problem with your small number of years experience, especially the older generation when you pick apart their mixes, but I do wish you all the best with your venture.

What converter are you using just out of curiosity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

I don't think were asking very much to be honest.

If the OP is going to be doing this he will need to have most of what we asked for.
    I understand that its only a new venture but rather than promoting his site prematurely he might want to hold off and get some audio examples for people to make a decision.
    I understand that he is charging very cheap rates however people would still like an indication of what they will get before they part with any money
    Definetly wish the OP all the best with this venture

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

Couldn't imagine mastering on hs80s.
    The low mids are a bitch on them.
    Best of luck with your venture but this forum is populated with quite a few experienced pros so expect difficult questions like the above.
    Please post before and after examples of a few of the free masters you are doing.

peter05 wrote: »

What converter are you using just out of curiosity?

by converter are you talking about analog to digital conversion or converting wav to mp3? i use iTunes for converting wav files to mp3 (:

Couldn't imagine mastering on hs80s.
    The low mids are a bitch on them.
    Best of luck with your venture but this forum is populated with quite a few experienced pros so expect difficult questions like the above.
    Please post before and after examples of a few of the free masters you are doing.

Thanks i know im only starting out but i know what im doing (: and it always helps to have a spectrum analyser when mastering ;)

OK Good luck

I presume Peter means What DA are you using for monitoring.
    Since you are working in the box AD makes no difference.

i use an m audio fast track pro but ill be upgrading to a mac and using pro tools 10 with an mbox

OK Good luck

I presume Peter means What DA are you using for monitoring.
    Since you are working in the box AD makes no difference.

It's make a huge difference, there is still a conversion before monitors. Your only as strong as the weakess part of your chain. In mastering that is a succeed or fail situation.

It's make a huge difference, there is still a conversion before monitors. Your only as strong as the weakess part of your chain. In mastering that is a succeed or fail situation.

He will be getting digital wav files and not converting.
    His only conversion will be DA to monitors so AD makes no difference.

He will be getting digital wav files and not converting.
    His only conversion will be DA to monitors so AD makes no difference.

very true i work with a single wav or aiff file in my DAW and master it ITB then bounce it out and convert it to mp3 so it can be easily uploaded to soundcloud etc. or on request i can send to you as a 44.1 16bit wav file for you to burn to CD having thousands of euro of equipment i wont use is silly to me it would be a different story all together if i were receiving mixes and mixed and mastered for clients but thats a whole different ball game and mixing and mastering the same song is a no go a fresh set of ears to a new song is a must!

There was not a thing mention about AD conversion. It is a given that there is only a DA taken lace since he has no outboard.

Not trying to put you down here but I would consider a different converter in the future that has less color. It has been mentioned about monitors already.

If it's a case of not spending thousands on outboard, I would go after the German/Swiss broadcast modules. It's your bread and butter equipment it pays to have to a high standard.

Personally I think your statement about ears is rendered useless when your monitors and converter are not true representation of the files you have been sent.

But I do wish you the best, and as I said it's a steep learning curve with very little forgiveness

• Advertisement

There was not a thing mention about AD conversion. It is a given that there is only a DA taken lace since he has no outboard.

Not trying to put you down here but I would consider a different converter in the future that has less color. It has been mentioned about monitors already.

If it's a case of not spending thousands on outboard, I would go after the German/Swiss broadcast modules. It's your bread and butter equipment it pays to have to a high standard.

Personally I think your statement about ears is rendered useless when your monitors and converter are not true representation of the files you have been sent.

But I do wish you the best, and as I said it's a steep learning curve with very little forgiveness

i dont know what your on about my yamaha montors coloring the sound they're as flat freq response as you can get and i dont just use my ears to master i use a spectrum analyzer and i switch between different speakers/headphones occasionally during a mastering sesssion. Also for what im doing i dont need a AD/DA converter as everything is done ITB i.e sound forge pro which ill be upgrading to in the next few months

Advertisement