Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony vegas pro 11 - file problem!

Options
  • 14-08-2012 4:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

Just installed sony vegas pro 11 and it won't let me import/drag and drop any of my files which are .mov extensions? It lets me import .AVI files no problem at all.

I tried changing the extenstion to .AVI but that didn't do anything.

I just keep getting the message "The sony quicktime plug-in was not able to initialize the quicktime components on your system".........

I've tried numerous version of quicktime including the latest version and still no luck.

95% of all my video files are in .AVI format so this is a real pain for me.

I'm running win 7 64bit.

Any help from ye guys would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Anyone at all know how to get around this problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Was happening to me so I went back to Vegas 10, and no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Surely there's some way to fix this other than having to revert back to an earlier version? I wouldn't have purchased it if I thought this was the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭to99

Have you installed the divx codec? http://www.divx.com/

You can basically choose to download the codec and simply uncheck the stuff you don't want like the player.

I use sony vegas and use avi. files. Works perfectly fine.

Advertisement