Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picking Up Results

• 14-08-2012 4:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

What would be the most suitable time to pick up results that won't be too busy. I want to open my results at home but if it was busy in school and everyone was opening them then it would look very awkward lol..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

probably around 10ish

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Dylanj123

Ok then but before you get given the results,Do you have to tell them your exam number or something?

Plz someone answer

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

No your results are addressed to you by name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I'm sure your school will recognize you and hand you the envelope??? They'll have your name on the envelope so....

• Advertisement

Oh alright thx

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Plenty of people go in later (after 11/12) to get their results OP, it's not that unusual. And plenty of people leave them in the envelope until they go out to the car. If you have friends inside you can go back in if you're happy and up to it, or otherwise continue home.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Britney_Spears

Im gonna go on a slight rant beacuse, well, i deserve it!. We live in a society were a piece of paper dictates our career path and more importnatly our domestic lifes.
    Tmorrow morning there is going to be joyful smiles and heartache tears then the agonising torment of relatives and friends asking the anticipating question, "how did ya do?".
    One thing im realising is that these results do not represent me or my intelligence, everyone should know that examiners have to use the bell shaped curve in representing results i.e.there is a small quota for A's allowed etc.
    So whatever happens do not be ashamed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I'm already ashamed of how I did, regardless of what that piece of paper tells me. I just hope I get my first choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Im gonna go on a slight rant beacuse, well, i deserve it!. We live in a society were a piece of paper dictates our career path and more importnatly our domestic lifes.
    Tmorrow morning there is going to be joyful smiles and heartache tears then the agonising torment of relatives and friends asking the anticipating question, "how did ya do?".
    One thing im realising is that these results do not represent me or my intelligence, everyone should know that examiners have to use the bell shaped curve in representing results i.e.there is a small quota for A's allowed etc.

Hmmmm......that doesn't sound like something Britney Spears would say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

torment of relatives and friends asking the anticipating question, "how did ya do?".

Thats the worst!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

I went in with everyone else, but I collected them & walked a few minutes away before opening mine, it's perfectly fine to do that if that's what makes you feel comfortable. I also went back an hour or so later who I bumped into on the way home, and most people were still hanging around so I'd say leave it at least 2 hours if you really don't want to see other people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭bren2001

The paper doesnt dictate your career path. With the exception of a few courses, if somebody worked hard throughout 6th year they would get into their chosen course and if you dont get in you just go off and do a PLC, not getting the points only means itll take you a little bit longer to get there.

Don't start with the bell shaped curve crap. Its shaped like that naturally.....thats the whole point behind the curve....

Advertisement