Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deferal of postgrad for 2nd year?

• 14-08-2012 7:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13

any advice appreciated please!! its been an aspiration of mine over the last few years to do my masters in social work in UCC, last year i was lucky enough to get it, i deferred it for one year (starting sept 2012)- To go to Australia with my partner ( construction), who has done really well here and we have applied for permanent residency..planning on doing a long term relationship for the 2 years of the course...until this morning.....I have just got a fantastic job,administration based, room for development etc....im torn, flights are booked to go home in a few weeks but im disgusted leaving this opportunity ...Would UCC defer course for a second year? any experience of this?...its even a possibility I will get social work related experience with this company ...so torn..it was all so easy till this morning :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭birchtree

What did you choose in the end?
    I don't think there are hard rules about it, but correct me if I'm wrong.
    They tend to push you to complete the course sooner than later.
    But the credits you've earned in the first year should be valid for several years. Anyone got more insight in this?

Advertisement