Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS235home alarm

Options
  • 14-08-2012 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi there, I am trying to part alarm the house at night time but the motion sensor is triggering the alarm. Would anyone know what is wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Sidduchamp wrote: »
    Hi there, I am trying to part alarm the house at night time but the motion sensor is triggering the alarm. Would anyone know what is wrong?

If you are part arming the system and the motion is triggering the alarm then it is not set up to be off in part arm. If this is the case then you could inhibit the motion detector when you are the system.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

This really should be set as standard if the PiR is in the hall or landing. This long is the system installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sidduchamp

I think it's been installed about 5 yrs but just have moved into the house. Forgive my ignorance but what is PiR

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

PiR is the motion detector. Just strange if its installed that long that it was always set up like that. Anyway you will need engineer access to change this setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Or else if you have the permission set up on the code your using to inhibit the zone that will work also.

• Advertisement

I'd prefer to get this sorted properly . I'm baffled that engineers leave such basic stuff out of their programming. Sid is there a company name on the keypad or external bell?
    PM me it & let me see if I can get you an engineer code . If not we could look at unlocking it. Inhibiting every time will work but it's far from ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sidduchamp

It's CDS security systems

I PMed you a couple to try. Other than that its look at defaulting it.

Advertisement