Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Give it a REST for heaven sake

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Jelly2

I would just say to the "never-ending supporters" and all this farce about their big homecoming yesterday and the "supporters" going along with it.

I do hope you continue your support now and protest to the govt about no toilet facilities for a young female boxer who came home with a gold medal for Ireland. Would the govt not supply some basic hygiene facilities for her - after all she represented the country well and took gold for it.

You would see the "representatives of the country" up in Dail eireann running to the pub to go to the loo.

So c'mon all ye who are mad to go to all the "homecoming" events - lets show your REAL support - get the placards out and up to Dail Eireann with ye.

somehow I doubt ye will tho - ye're not THAT supportive. are ye?

Proper supporters would know that Katie Taylor is getting her shower and toilet in the gym. It was in the news some time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

books4sale wrote: »
    Yeah never mind that poor bugger with no roof over his/her head but make sure that boxer gets a jax.

well she is representing the country - the same as the idiots who take the government jet away - let them pay for her toilet - after all she's the only one that comes back with something positive. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Jelly2

I've had enough of this thread, bye everyone.:) Reading constant criticism of everything that stands, moves, lives or dies in this country is not good for maintaining my love of life. There is a place for informed and realistic criticism in life, but pure cynicism is not a virtue!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

Jelly2 wrote: »
    Proper supporters would know that Katie Taylor is getting her shower and toilet in the gym. It was in the news some time ago.

and people who pay attention to the news would know that although edna kenny gave a bit of money through the application of a grant, he forgot that the poor girl might want to take a shower or pee. and didn't provide money for her.

Rather, a local butcher provided these facilities.

We should take the toilet out of the govt jet and see how edna likes it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

summerskin wrote: »
    Funnily I hear the irish and Scots talking about 1966 far more than any englishman.

Twice in this thread already.

English people only really mention that football match nowadays to wind people up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Agree with OP, it is turning into a bit of a cringe fest not wanting to take away from the goodness, but enough already.

Heard a 20 year old girl saying the night before England were to play their final match in the European cup earlier this year "But if England win, we will never hear the end of it".

Now, where oh where does a 20 year old get this from?

I think that this type of rubbish is something that is ingrained into 99% of our population that don't seem capable of thinking for themselves.

Advertisement