Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTCimeiUnlock.com my experience

• 14-08-2012 9:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a phone that was locked and decided to try these guys after reading some recommendations here and elsewhere.

After entering my details and paying on the website the code was mailed to me within 15 mins. Alas, the code didn't work. The phone said it was incorrect.

I mailed the support address found on the website and a tech (Michael) responded a few hours later. After checking the phone and trying a few things together (factory reset etc) he was as stumped as me as to why it didn't work. Apparently the codes are taken from HTC.

He therefore refunded me my money. The whole process from original registration through troubleshooting and finally refund took aprox 48 hours.

Even thought the code didn't work for my phone I felt they responded to my issue very professionally and did their best to help me get it working.
    I would try these guys again with another phone and do recommend them.
    I know this sounds shilly but I was surprised at their level of support.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Good to hear. What type of HTC was it and how much did you pay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's a wildfire and the price was $24, about 21 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Give these guys a shot
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/180875647402

People here were using them to get there One X's unlocked recently and I think the guy who does it is on XDA. The price is also ridiculously low.

I'm off to UK in a couple days so will bring it with me and try some phone shops there.

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Give these guys a shot
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/180875647402

People here were using them to get there One X's unlocked recently and I think the guy who does it is on XDA. The price is also ridiculously low.
    Thanks, I just tried those guys on ebay "phone.market" and they actually give me the same unlock code as HTCimeiUnlock.com, which doesn't work.
    Fortunately it was only a few euro but this is frustrating.
    I've checked the IMEI several times and it is correct but the code I get won't unlock the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 xxkazxx

biko wrote: »
    Thanks, I just tried those guys on ebay "phone.market" and they actually give me the same unlock code as HTCimeiUnlock.com, which doesn't work.
    Fortunately it was only a few euro but this is frustrating.
    I've checked the IMEI several times and it is correct but the code I get won't unlock the phone.

This happened me before with a galaxy SII every shop I brought it to too get unlocked came up with the same code and it wouldn't unlock it. These where places that where getting the official codes aswell.
    Ended up giving up and just selling it!

Did you try an XTC unlock too?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 xxkazxx

Did you try an XTC unlock too?[/QUOTE

To be honest I couldn't tell u.
    I personally didn't but that isn't to say one of the shops I had it in didn't.
    I know that every person I went to was stumped as to why it didn't unlock and they all said it was there first case of the unlock not working!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,502 ✭✭✭✭guil

Any chance the imei was changed on the phone. Is it printed on a sticker under the battery

IMEI on sticker matches the IMEI in the phone SW.
    It's very puzzling how the official code out of the HTC database won't unlock the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

how do people outside the phone shops/companies get access to these numbers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 htcocacola

root and then unlock the phone

htcocacola wrote: »
    root and then unlock the phone
    Can you link to a good guide for this, I'm new to Android.

Search has expired on that page. What I need to know is can it be done? I get. I get conflicting info on the net regarding wildfire a3333 root and unlock.
    Phone is s-on btw

There's a massive thread on xda forums about unlocking the wildfire, seems it can't be done at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

It might be beneficial for you to know that if you got your Wildfire on the meteor network it is already unlocked and hence unlock codes would do nothing to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Is it a Wildfire or a Wildfire S?

If its a WFS you can get it unlocked, theres a user called Frank_Leach who does it with an XTC clip....

Or another thing to try (if it's a WFS) is to take out the battery, hold the volume down key, and then power on, it will bring you to the bootloader screen, from there there is an option to "Clear Simlock" - hit power to confirm and off ya go

If that works your good to go....

Fieldog wrote: »

If its a WFS you can get it unlocked, theres a user called Frank_Leach who does it with an XTC clip....

Or another thing to try (if it's a WFS) is to take out the battery, hold the volume down key, and then power on, it will bring you to the bootloader screen, from there there is an option to "Clear Simlock" - hit power to confirm and off ya go

Wildfire a3333 (not the S version)

Trying the bootloader I get "Sd init fail" so no joy there.
    There's a local guy that has a xtc clip, will try him tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Fieldog wrote: »

Wildfire a3333 (not the S version)

Trying the bootloader I get "Sd init fail" so no joy there.
    There's a local guy that has a xtc clip, will try him tomorrow.

Yeah give the local guy a shot....

I know its the "old" wildfire so if the xtc clip does the WFS, surely it will do the original....

• Advertisement

Gave it a shot just now with the freeware from unlockroot.com that supports 2.2.1 FRG83 build.
    "Failed to get shell root", damn..

When nothing else works xtc clip saves the day :D
    S-OFF and finally unlocked.

Guy in Doughiska does it for 20.

Advertisement