Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Bargain - Printer

Options
  • 14-08-2012 9:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭

Needed a replacement set of colour toners for my printer and find that buying a new printer that includes a set of standard capacity toner was about 25% cheaper than buying the toner on its own.

http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=ie&cs=iebsdt1&kc=305&l=en&oc=3115cn&s=bsd&sbc=print_3115cn

€274.50

Brilliant printer with very high quality output. Mine is 3 years old, so handy time to change before other bits start needing replacement.

When it first came out it was over €900 so this price is supoerb. It quite heavy and is very much an office / business printer rather than a home unit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

sandin wrote: »
    Needed a replacement set of colour toners for my printer and find that buying a new printer that includes a set of standard capacity toner was about 25% cheaper than buying the toner on its own.

http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=ie&cs=iebsdt1&kc=305&l=en&oc=3115cn&s=bsd&sbc=print_3115cn

€274.50

Brilliant printer with very high quality output. Mine is 3 years old, so handy time to change before other bits start needing replacement.

When it first came out it was over €900 so this price is supoerb. It quite heavy and is very much an office / business printer rather than a home unit.

I do hope you dont intend buying a new printer every time you need toner......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

kkelliher wrote: »
    I do hope you dont intend buying a new printer every time you need toner......
    Nope :D, but as the printer including toner was cheaper than toner alone, it was an opportune time to replace the current printer as the imaging drum will need replacement soon as will some other consumable the name of which escapes me at this toime, but it costs about €200.

The older printer will be passed on to another location and compatible inks used (have to use origninal inks at HQ due to quality of print needed)
    Also, these dell offers only ever last a week or so.

Compatible toners for this machine are available at about €60-€70 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

I have several printers and was thinking the same thing a few yrs back about it being cheaper to replace the whole lot (printer and all) instead of just getting new cartridges.

Be very careful here though, lots of new printers include a 'starter' set of cartridges which contain a lot less ink than a new one (and I think this was to prevent peolpe chucking out printers whenever the ink ran out!)

I use Inkmaestro.ie and can recommend them for value and service. I use compatibles in my office printers (black only) but have to use the genuine ones in my colour laser to maintain a higher quality print~ still the best value I could find.

Advertisement