Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

• 14-08-2012 10:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi
    Does anyone here from north Dublin or north county has this baby on board? I'm not far away from order one for myself, but first I would like to see this gear live in action. Maybe you know any shop where they have this stick on display?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭Skyknight

klub44,
    I've had both Cougar and the and the HOTAS Warthog, both were awesome. Both were bought on line online, as they aren't stocked in any stores in Ireland(I'm open to being corrected here). The Warthog is a really solidly built bit of kit. It's of course great for DCS A-10(:eek:) or twins in FS\Xplane\IL2. I have had really amazing support from Thrustmaster for both. The cost is, in my view off set by the quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭2011abc

I had the Cougar and resold it within a week.Sure its build quality is mind boggling BUT

Its heavy as heck-Youd better have a sturdy pc gaming bench .Imagine putting a cavity block on it (maybe with flimsy roll out tray?) and then pressing down on it !

The spring is NOT that stiff.At the critical centre point its surprisingly floppy .It only gets stiff (like a hard plastic rubbery feel)near the outside of the gate/travel range .Theres a mod called " Evenstrain " to 'fix' this .A FIX for a 3-500 euro joystick!!!???

The throttle like the stick is heavy and hard to manipulate and above all insensitive .Impossible to get an exact % value on in game throttle which I could do with under 50 euro set ups!

My choice is either the Logitech Extreme 3d Pro for its anatomical grip , feel , spring , buttons in fact everything but sensitivity for which reason I now use the

Thrustmaster T16000M

If you have buyers remorse you will always be able to resell on Ebay IF you travel to UK to post it overseas -or have a 26 counties client!

Advertisement