Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday Finders

Options
  • 14-08-2012 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭

My parents booked a holiday with a travel agent on O'Connell Street (Holiday finders) but are now being told that there was someone working in the company that was <SNIP> customers. Holiday finders say its not their responsibility. Their website says that they have ceased trading.

What should my parents do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Did your parents pay any money to the travel agent? If they did, how did they pay it (cash, credit card etc)?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

dudara wrote: »
    Did your parents pay any money to the travel agent? If they did, how did they pay it (cash, credit card etc)?
    credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Contact your credit card company/bank. Let them know that the company has ceased trading.

You should be able to get a refund.

If you also believe that your card was used for fraud, mention this to the credit card company/bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Paulw wrote: »
    Contact your credit card company/bank. Let them know that the company has ceased trading.

You should be able to get a refund.

If you also believe that your card was used for fraud, mention this to the credit card company/bank.
    On the credit card bill the money it says that they paid two transactions even though as far as my parents are concerned they paid a single transaction paying the travel agents. However on the bill there is two transactions, one to the travel agents and one to aer lingus and the credit card company won't do anything to aer lingus's payment. So despite booking through a travel agents it appears as if they are now stuck with flights and no accomodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Assume they were fully bonded .. maybe read up on your rights here and see if you can claim against the bond.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/travel/package_holidays.html

Accomodation Finders Ltd trading as holiday finders . Their licenced bond no is 0642 expiring 30/04/2013 according to aviationreg.ie website

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Also contact Aer Lingus and see if they're in a generous mood. Perhaps at worst a voucher for a future flight.

Any chance of a claim on the travel insurance?

This is all after following Dak's advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kelliej

Hi can you tell me if your parents got a refund? Im in the ssame boat with the travel agent and have not got my money back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

if aerlingus flight was booked with your credit card, surely that booking still holds?

Advertisement